the Goliath let out the magic smoke :(

I was directed to this post and wanted to chime in. There are a few things that everyone must understand. This is NOT a factory defect. I speak with people from 8-5 M-F regarding Technical related issues. 9 times out of 10 the cause of failure is the end users fault. Either in the electrical setup, the impedance or the settings on the headunit/amplifier. I do not know Bamaboys current settings, but can tell you that his electrical system is not ideal for the XX Goliath and .7ohm daily. I believe that everyone must also take into account the prolonged abuse that this amplifier has obviously seen. This type of damage does not occur instantly in most cases, but rather over time. I saw on a previous page that someone commented that even though it was at low volume when the components finally went, it had obviously been pushed hard in this current application and they were on their way out. Maxxsonics has technical support and we are here to help with these issues. You can reach me directly at 847-540-7700 ext 124 or email me at mikes@maxxsonics.com . I can honestly say that it is rare to see any of the XX amplifiers fail when on a stout electrical system, proper recommened load, and proper settings for the specific application. I am sorry to hear of this as well as Darren's issue. I would love to speak with you and try to locate what caused this failure.

I was directed to this post and wanted to chime in. There are a few things that everyone must understand. This is NOT a factory defect. I speak with people from 8-5 M-F regarding Technical related issues. 9 times out of 10 the cause of failure is the end users fault. Either in the electrical setup, the impedance or the settings on the headunit/amplifier. I do not know Bamaboys current settings, but can tell you that his electrical system is not ideal for the XX Goliath and .7ohm daily. I believe that everyone must also take into account the prolonged abuse that this amplifier has obviously seen. This type of damage does not occur instantly in most cases, but rather over time. I saw on a previous page that someone commented that even though it was at low volume when the components finally went, it had obviously been pushed hard in this current application and they were on their way out. Maxxsonics has technical support and we are here to help with these issues. You can reach me directly at 847-540-7700 ext 124 or email me at mikes@maxxsonics.com . I can honestly say that it is rare to see any of the XX amplifiers fail when on a stout electrical system, proper recommened load, and proper settings for the specific application. I am sorry to hear of this as well as Darren's issue. I would love to speak with you and try to locate what caused this failure.
email sent..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.