Thinking about doing a 3 way setup.

Buck
5,000+ posts

little alien on campus
I will probably sell my boston sl80s and get a nice 6.5 component set and put the mid in the door and the tweeters higher up in the door. I was also thinking about using some 6.5s (like eDs 6.5) to use as a midbass and locate them in the rear doors. Now I'm not going to be competing, I'm just using the locations I have. Just looking to get a full range of sound during daily driving.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

It's like when they asked Austin Power's what his sex was and he replied "Yes please!"

OP - you cant just start adding drivers to your "stage" like I think you're intending to.

Get a very nice comp set, run it active and be done. 3 way setups are quite rewarding, but can be tricky to set up. If you want to still consider doing this, I would suggest tweeters and mids mounted on the A pillar and midbass drivers (8s) mounted in custom kick panels.

Mr Bang, makes a good point, how are you going to bandpass the midbass?

How about this, a Sundown 50.4 powering the A pillars, and a 125.2 pushing the midbass? Amps have the built in crossovers to cover the speakers, but that setup will lack the finesse as if you had done the same thing with a HU that had active abilities, and offer less control from the driver seat.

Just a suggestion...

My bad Bang I just thought you said are you going to. Read it fast.

I'm thinking just running a separate amp to the midbasses and using the crossover on the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.