Time to upgrade. CDT PSS Pro or Focal P165V30?

Homey

I actually found 3 sets of 6.5" components in my budget. Right now I am looking at the CDT PSS-010 Pro, CDT 62i and the Focal P165V30.

Trying to stay in the $400 to $600 range but if there is a big step up for only a few more $$'s I will be take a look. I can't use the 6.75" they have to be 6.5". I will run them from the Alpine PDX4150 amp in custom kick panels. My diamond audios are not living up to the hype. Also may upgrade my head unit as well.

Anyone have any experience with these sets? Any other sets I should be looking at?

i have the cdt es6im mids with the mx1000 3 way crossover , the hd 100 mids and the es 0100 tweets .my set gets loud as hell and sounds great .they are for sale now tho because i have phd components ,[because of being a rep] so they are sitting in the box the xovers 2 inch mids and tweets are brand new ,the es6im are 3 months old,very mint .but this set you will love but cost is around $900 new on sale now

The tweets are 1 of the sets I was looking at. The 6.5 's are sweet too. The HD 100 mids I have never heard of and those x overs seem to be the whiz.. I have no room or use for the 2" mids but feel free to PM me a price.

The tweets are 1 of the sets I was looking at. The 6.5 's are sweet too. The HD 100 mids I have never heard of and those x overs seem to be the whiz.. I have no room or use for the 2" mids but feel free to PM me a price.
The 2" mids are really worth a strong look. The clarity they add to the midrange is gorgeous. There's a pod version that can be surface mounted, which is how I use them. mylows10 can get you the pods.

I actually found 3 sets of 6.5" components in my budget. Right now I am looking at the CDT PSS-010 Pro, CDT 62i and the Focal P165V30.
Trying to stay in the $400 to $600 range but if there is a big step up for only a few more $$'s I will be take a look. I can't use the 6.75" they have to be 6.5". I will run them from the Alpine PDX4150 amp in custom kick panels. My diamond audios are not living up to the hype. Also may upgrade my head unit as well.

Anyone have any experience with these sets? Any other sets I should be looking at?
So why would the hype on the brands in question be any better? If I'm dropping 5-6 hundo on a pair of comps it will be MY ears making the decision. Not what someone on a forum tells me sounds the best.

Try to get out and hear the comps you have in mind, that is always my suggestion when spending decent $$$....

So why would the hype on the brands in question be any better? If I'm dropping 5-6 hundo on a pair of comps it will be MY ears making the decision. Not what someone on a forum tells me sounds the best.
Try to get out and hear the comps you have in mind, that is always my suggestion when spending decent $$$....
I would love to hear them in person before I bought them. But no one anywhere close to me sells them. Let alone has any of them in the sound rooms to hear first hand.

The goal is to get some solid feed back from serious audio listeners so I can make a better decision on a purchase since I can't hear all the best speakers fist hand.

i have the cdt es6im mids with the mx1000 3 way crossover , the hd 100 mids and the es 0100 tweets .my set gets loud as hell and sounds great .they are for sale now tho because i have phd components ,[because of being a rep] so they are sitting in the box the xovers 2 inch mids and tweets are brand new ,the es6im are 3 months old,very mint .but this set you will love but cost is around $900 new on sale now
How do you like the PHD components compared to the CDT's? I'm about to order mine.

How do you like the PHD components compared to the CDT's? I'm about to order mine.
my cdt set hands down sounds way better especially at lower volumes ,the phd set gets loud ,but at lower volumes sounds not as crisp as the cdt ,but your also comparing a $1200 set to a $500 set

my cdt set hands down sounds way better especially at lower volumes ,the phd set gets loud ,but at lower volumes sounds not as crisp as the cdt ,but your also comparing a $1200 set to a $500 set

I would love to hear them in person before I bought them. But no one anywhere close to me sells them. Let alone has any of them in the sound rooms to hear first hand.
The goal is to get some solid feed back from serious audio listeners so I can make a better decision on a purchase since I can't hear all the best speakers fist hand.
Start posting up on all the forums and find a member close enough that has them. I understand getting feedback, but NOBODY has the same ears you do. I've bought a few comp sets based off what others have said, didn't like them at all. Boston Pro 60's come to mind, luckily I got them for a steal...

Start posting up on all the forums and find a member close enough that has them. I understand getting feedback, but NOBODY has the same ears you do. I've bought a few comp sets based off what others have said, didn't like them at all. Boston Pro 60's come to mind, luckily I got them for a steal...
i definately agree here ,it was a crap shoot on my cdt's but i was glad that i bought them ,they sound amazing ,i've had the bostons, hertz ,and a few other nice sets these are far better

Thanks for all the posts guys.

I did post this same question in other forums too.

I understand your points of views. It would be great if there was someone fairly close to me with any of these sets that would be willing to show them off.

I am slow in making a decision as As mylows10's set sounds like a good deal. But have not made up my mind yet. I have too, in the past made poor purchases based on others opinions. Namely the set of Diamonds I have now. Not impressed with them at all.

Thanks again and if anyone close to me has some comp sets they feel are the stuff I am willing to meet you somewhere for a demo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.