Hello,

For better car mileage consider few points:

1. Always follow an authorized service center for maintenance service

2. Avoid AC

3.Make sure that your tires are properly inflated

4.Always use a good engine oil

5. Avoid accelerating on steep road

6. Drive in right gear

7.Keeping your highway speed at 55 mph can improve you gas mileage by as much as 25%.

these are the few basics that one should follow while driving it is good for your.

Regards,

sarah_9

Well i know this depends on the vehicle but In my Trailblazer it dont matter weather i run the AC or not in the city i get 12mpg and on hwy i get 23. maybe if you have a foriegn car this might matter.

Well i know this depends on the vehicle but In my Trailblazer it dont matter weather i run the AC or not in the city i get 12mpg and on hwy i get 23. maybe if you have a foriegn car this might matter.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

While they might help, some of those tips are absolutely rediculous, try driving around in 100+ weather with 90% humidity with no a/c...and how are you going to go up a steep hill without accelerating? Goose it right before? well thats wasting gas aswell.

Also 55mph on the highway is rediculous, someone driving that slow would cause a wreck.

While they might help, some of those tips are absolutely rediculous, try driving around in 100+ weather with 90% humidity with no a/c...and how are you going to go up a steep hill without accelerating? Goose it right before? well thats wasting gas aswell. Also 55mph on the highway is rediculous, someone driving that slow would cause a wreck.
you are supposed to maintain the same amount of force on the gas pedal when you go up a hill which will naturally slow you down, but then you accelerate going down a hill.

I run 60mph on the highway and I havent cause a wreck yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif although I must admit, it kills me whenever I see a semi pass me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

On another note, I got 37.6mpg on my last tank in my integra!!!

in virginia the speed limit is 55mph on the highway. that srsly *****.

but also the whole AC thing is kind of a lie as well because while driving on the highway with the windows rolled down usually will cause more drag and lowering the MPG and AC is usually more efficient.

oh well. the best thing to do is not drive aggressively.

in virginia the speed limit is 55mph on the highway. that srsly *****.
but also the whole AC thing is kind of a lie as well because while driving on the highway with the windows rolled down usually will cause more drag and lowering the MPG and AC is usually more efficient.

oh well. the best thing to do is not drive aggressively.
I think thats vehicle dependant. In my car I get much better mpg without ac and both windows down

I find driving style makes the bigger difference. In my 04 Dakota CrewCab 4x4 V8 if I was gentle I could get 19mpg on the highway. If I was hard on it, 14 or 15. In my 09 Tundra Crewmax I got nearly 19 mpg highway my first trip with 500 miles on the clock but if I am not gentle I average 14. Unfortunately I am almost never gentle on a vehicle as that to me is a waste of a perfectly good engine. Those higher measurements were taken immediately after purchase on the first road trip or two just to see what was possible, driving like a 92 year old grandma with cataracts in both eyes puttering down the road in a 20 year old Buick Lesabre. After that I switched to my normal driving style and consistently average closer to the lower numbers.

What alot of people really don't understand is that the numbers on the window stickers are estimated ranges. There's way too many variables such as those listed above for it to be guarenteed. Seems like every time I've been in the dealership I've listened to a service manager on the phone struggling to explain to some leadfoot who lives in a hilly area and does 75 on the highway why missing EPA estimates is not a reason to run a complete engine diagnostic on a 3 month old car purchased brand new.

LOL I get 9 mpg on my truck i dont think doing any of that would really make a lot of difference. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.