tired of the same 'ole shiat!!!

Personally i think the elate is a much better speaker set all around, like was suggested do some bigger drivers. However if you are not wanting such an invasive install have you tried Cdt? I dont mean the cheap drivers, i run a es06 in my 3 way and the midbass is astounding, im throwing a good amount of power to them but even you have me beat there.
my old eso6's were one of the worse comps i ever owned. the midbass was weak compared to the hd's. those es06's were soo not designed for sql. listening to classical or jazz they sound great, but for metal.... HELL NO!!!

Reasonably large displacement dedicated midbass speakers is the only real way to get truely intense midbass. Trying to get solid impact down to 60hz with the same speaker you have playing up to like 3-5khz, just isn't gonna happen no matter what the sensitivity rating or power input is.

really, i think cdt is over rated. for sure, they weren't worth the $650.00 i paid for them when they first came out. i liked the hd's a lot better. now my lotus comps, those were some fine speakers. they would crank too.

I had the oxygen om16-90s in a 2002 dodge durango and they sound really really good. I had four of them hooked up to a crappy 1000watt crunch amp and they still sounded good. If your looking for highs then go with these.

There really wasn't too much midbass but I didn't want the midbass at all since I had subs in the back. The highs are real crisp and clean and they really do scream. I know at the shop by me they sell these speakers for 100 a speaker but you could probaly find them online for cheaper.

Didnt want bass from my highs. I had 2 12s in the back of my truck and I wanted killer highs. The speakers are good for high frequencies and they sound awesome they just dont have that much bass and I liked it like that.

Didnt want bass from my highs. I had 2 12s in the back of my truck and I wanted killer highs. The speakers are good for high frequencies and they sound awesome they just dont have that much bass and I liked it like that.
I bet that sounded sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Nothing but low lows and high highs!!!

What do you have against your stereo reproducing midbass? You know its suppose to be there right? You also know your mids reproducing it would not affect your tweeters ability to reproduce the highs, right?
Something tells me you dont know what you are missing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

What do you have against your stereo reproducing midbass? You know its suppose to be there right? You also know your mids reproducing it would not affect your tweeters ability to reproduce the highs, right?
Something tells me you dont know what you are missing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
And I suspect that the more he explains the more :confused:you will become.

your system reminds me of all those crapy systems from the late 80's. 4 12's and tweeter horns mounted to the roof powered by the tape deck...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.