Tires for 98 blazer?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I run low pro 20's on my 01 Blazer

variouspic1025.jpg

for performance i suggest go wider tire, for snow, ice, rain, etc.

that also looks good as long as its not almost the whole tire sticking out

tall is nice, i went taller and a leveling kit and it sits up nicely now.

ive heard good things about the destination, but never even heard the firehawk. my best suggestion would be to research A/T tires, thats how i chose mine. there was a chart with most A/T tires and showing how they performed in ice, snow, rain, mud, etc. and overall. choose whichever is better on the list, or best reviews.

if u can get the bridgestone revo 2, do it. its the best a/t tire according to the chart, and i cant slide in snow or ice while driving unless i hammer it or turn wheel sideways. other than that i suggest bridgestone dueler, my dad ran those and loved them as well. he currently has bfg on his jeep and loves them.

sorry dont know much about those tires, but like i said ive heard the destination used on forums and reviews, never the firehawk

well i run Bridgestone blizzaks in the winter. So winter is not a problem it will be a summer tire. So i am going for looks more than anything but my dad refuses to let me buy anything other than firestone or bridgestone tires since he worked there for 25 yrs. I am looking mainly for experience to see if anyone has ran a 255 on a blazer because i know this will be a close fit. And lastely the firehawk indy 500 is made by firestone. Its a block white letter tire compared to just the highlight letter tires

if ur going for looks, then pic the pretties one? lol

idk about the blazer, but when i went bigger, i rubbed, but its all plastic around there, box cutter shreds right through any parts that rub.

have u talked to someone at tire store? they keep record of biggest tires people have ran on every vehicle, even if 1 person fit 255s they note that, or at least thats what tire store by me said

ya my tires dont rub till full lock turned left or right. why would 255 look dumb?

i have a friend who cranked his torsion bars, hasnt had any problems yet. but another friend that works on cars a lot says i can cause stuff to go bad sooner

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

pressnic38

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
pressnic38
Portage, Michigan, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date