True 3-Way Active Head Unit?

ewoevo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I'm redoing my system and want to get a head unit that does 3-way active, not including the sub. I'll run a 3-way comp set up front, no rears, and a sub. I like the Pioneer DEX P99RS, Bu it's really pricey.

Any thoughts? And yes I tried searching first.

avhp7850dvd has 8 channels.... could you use this headunit as an active 4 way?
i tried to read the manual but it was in spanish since it's not a US model.

likely, no. the extra channels are probably for 7.1 sound. 4-way active requires six bandpass capable crossover systems, which is not common. if it is, let us know!

I am also looking for an HU with Time alignment, active cross over

Does this HU have an active xover? the xover if not passive has a tweeter dedicated xover, unusual(for passive xover) typo or actually an active xover?

Kenwood KDC-BT955HD CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

TEXT FROM THE LINK

X'Overs: The head unit features independent Front, Rear, & tweeter high-pass crossovers, as well as a subwoofer low-pass crossover.

Front High Pass Filter: 40, 60, 70, 80, 100, 120, 150, 180, or 220 Hz (or select Full-Range)

Rear High Pass Filter: 40, 60, 70, 80, 100, 120, 150, 180, or 220 Hz (or select Full-Range)

Tweeter High Pass Filter: 1, 1.6, 2.5, 4, 5, 6.3, 8, 10, or 12.5 kHz

Subwoofer Low Pass Filter: 40, 60, 70, 80, 100, 120, 150, 180, or 220 Hz (or Select Full-Range)

Speaker Level: You can adjust the volume level (0 to -8dB) of the Front, Rear, Tweeter, and Subwoofer channels independently.

Subwoofer Phase: Choose either Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°)

Note: You can also choose to bypass the head unit's DSP feature.

Equalizer Control: Equalizer Control allows you to use one of the EQ presets, or set your own custom settings for the front and back speakers using the 7-band Equalizer. The EQ adjustments are as follows:

EQ Presets: You can select from Flat, Natural, Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Powerful, iPod (you can select from 22 EQ curve types within your iPod), or User (customized 7-band EQ).

7-Band EQ: 7-Band frequency adjustment (-9 to +9 dB) for Front & Rear speakers using the following center frequencies; 62.5Hz, 160Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 2.5kHz, 6.3khz, 16kHz.

Note: You can store EQ and tone settings for each source (Disc, Tuner, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, and Pandora).

Bass Management: The KDC-BT955HD offers Bass Boost, Bass DC Extension, and Loudness.

Bass Boost: The unit features a four-step Bass Boost (Off/1/2/3) to enhance your music's lower frequencies.

Bass DC Extension: When turned on, frequencies lower than 6.25 Hz are set the same gain level as the unit's 7-Band EQ 62.5 Hz gain setting.

Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes.

Sound Enhancements: The head unit provides further sound enhancements for your car audio system.

Supreme: When MP3, WMA, or AAC files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Supreme Setting function restores their high frequencies so the sound quality is closer to files encoded at a high bit rate. The processing is optimized for the compression format and the bit rate used. When the Supreme Setting is Off, the unit plays the original sound stored in the audio file.

Highway Sound: You can boost a certain range of sound that becomes hard to hear due to road noise; the Highway Sound level can be set to High, Low, or Off

Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -8 to 0.

Key Beep: The in-dash navigation-multimedia head unit provides an

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.