trunk install

Participant count
  • Participant list

marcin93
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So what are some ideas on making the most out of a setup in a trunk, without making a huge wall behind the seats. I have tried facing the box/subwoofer in many directions and nothing really satisfies me, would a different custom type of box do the trick?

I have a 3500D powering a dc lvl 5 15. I just have a 3.75 box and I built it to almost fill the entire trunk area. Check out my build log for the old box (new box is junk - ripping it out soon). With the next box I will have it tuned low (30hz) and foam off the rest of the opening.

In order to do a "hair trick" you need low tuning for good air movement. It helps to foam off the trunk which is why I am doing it.

I think what I am going to do is duct tape around the carpet first before I put the box in and make it about 6 inches wide and a full 360 around the trunk. When I put the box in I am going to slide it as far forward as possible and from the rear into the front I will build another wall of duct tape. I am going to seal everything from the back (probably will only need 3 inches or so of the 6" that i pre did before box went in). When I get done I am going to do the same to the front except leave opening at the top so I can stick the tube of foam in and fill it. My only issue is I am not sure how much will be needed. I will do overkill on the duct tape to make sure it holds the pressure of the foam expanding. When all is finished I will remove the duct tape and will hopefully have a nice 3-4" thick seal of foam. about 1" back from the faceplate of the woofer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.