Trunk Rattle

PhatTonyDeMarco
5,000+ posts

C0CK,its whats for dinner
Okay, well I decided that the annoying ass trunk rattle needs to stop, it is so bad it can be heard in the cabin... So I was wondering, in order to stop it, what exactly needed to be sound deadened? Do I just to the lid, and floor of the trunk, or does the bumper and all of that **** back there need to be taken off and covered?

this is what I would do, maybe not the best method but here it goes. First locate where the rattling is coming from, license plate, something possible loose in the trunk? I would run your subs and listen to what might be rattling....im sure your aware of this...lol...my advice is definately nothing far from common sense...sorry man

If you're going to spend the money, I say go all out and cover everything in the trunk. Completely strip it down and do every little thing. Lid, spare tire well, wheelwells, ect.

Well I just actually just going to get some Peel N Seal, as this is just a simple daily driving car. It is not my license plate rattling, I sprayed expanding foam under that to fix that little rattle... It comes from where the tail lights are (P.S, on my car there are tail lights across the whole trunk lid.) If I push down where the trunk closes the rattling stops, slightly, but it does decrease. My neighbor suggested I just use that expanding foam to fill in the gaps along the trunk lid, but I didnt think that was too good of an idea. Is there any common places to deaden around where the trunk lid meets the bumper? What could I remove and deaden to stop this...? I really dont want to rip my rear end apart.

im having the same problem. where the bottom of the lid meets the bumper. also had a problem where the back shelf meets the back windshield, tried wetherstripping and it worked for like a day but it keeps moving out of place and the rattle comes back and i have the **** wether stripping hanging out in the middle of the shelf.

I have no problem at the windsheild end.. all the rattle is in the back. And it sounds like major ******* //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bawling.gif.6287aa5d1d447c8af063fc9466e822ef.gif

make sure your tail light bolts didnt come loose causing the tail lights to shake and rattle, after that try weatherstripping before u sink more money into sound deadening (which may not help at all).

Since we are on subject i need a little help. The spare tire well in my hatchback has a wooden cover to go over it...But its bent and makes it to where the carpet wont go in flat and even, can i get a new one or anyother suggestions? ???

Since we are on subject i need a little help. The spare tire well in my hatchback has a wooden cover to go over it...But its bent and makes it to where the carpet wont go in flat and even, can i get a new one or anyother suggestions? ???
I dont see why you cant make a new one, go for it.

And I dont see how were on the subject of uneven carpeting... But thanks for the thread jack //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/2thumbs.gif.fdc3ba010dbb42b61704534b46d02fe4.gif

I was dam shocked how much noise the LIC madeso I deadned the back side,problem solved

LIC?

Well I found out that it IS rattling by the rear window. The trunk lit is comming up about 1/4" - 1/2".... And it can be heard inside, and sounds like total ass. Would a few layers of Peel N Seal around where the trunk meets the car body in the back solve this?

Its also rattling near the tail lights, but it is not the tail lights themselves, the trunk is actually comming forward and then rattling when it comes back into place... This **** *****, I didnt realize how bad it is

this is what I would do, maybe not the best method but here it goes. First locate where the rattling is coming from, license plate, something possible loose in the trunk? I would run your subs and listen to what might be rattling....im sure your aware of this...lol...my advice is definately nothing far from common sense...sorry man
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

First locate rattle, then fix...

Deadening a trunk never hurt anyone or any car for that matter. But instead of spending the money, figure out what the rattle is coming from and see if you can just fix that. Unless you're wanting a deadened trunk that is. You never know, it may only be a loose bolt or screw or something simple like that. In my car it was the cross members on the inside of the trunk lid. I bought some of that self expanding foam and injected a little in between the member and the lid and viola they never touched again and NO more rattles. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.