Trying to run amp below the recommended ohm load.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm going from 2 subs to 3. This will push my amp below the recommended only load. The amp is a soundstream picasso 6000.1, which is a 1 ohm amp. With the extra sub it will be running at .7 ohms. Gain at 10 o'clock. Am i about to blow everything up? And do these amps get close to their rms ratings?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going from 2 subs to 3. This will push my amp below the recommended only load. The amp is a soundstream picasso 6000.1, which is a 1 ohm amp. With the extra sub it will be running at .7 ohms. Gain at 10 o'clock. Am i about to blow everything up? And do these amps get close to their rms ratings?
Without getting into the other issues I see here... could you tell me why you would just set the gain at the 10 O'clock position arbitrarily?.. I guess I missed that lesson... Please explain... no offense meant there... does that indicate that since my gains were at about the 7:30 position that I could have gotten louder?

That's about as high as i run the gains on my amps. I was trying to give the reader an idea of how hard the amp might be working.

What other issues do you think I might be running into?

That's about as high as i run the gains on my amps. I was trying to give the reader an idea of how hard the amp might be working.
What other issues do you think I might be running into?
I'm not sure that amp can even get near 3K with 4 ga power connections... I mistrust any amp that I have a difficult time finding the pics of the power inputs... and to run it under 1 ohm... IDK... it says 0 ga and 4 ga... which is it?

8rNRJK.jpg

Actually after it's tuned i probably wont even mess with the gain. I hope the amp does okay. I 've been piecing this system together without any extra money. I read tons of reviews and all,

but there's so much contradicting information out there. I had $200 to buy an amp, and i went over that a tad crossing my fingers it does close to rating. I read an expert review somewhere that the Picasso's did within 3% of what they're supposed to. I bought it hook line and sinker. I hope i didnt make a mistake.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.