Tweets in kickpanel or A-pilars?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jared530
10+ year member

Drop bombs
Finally got my license back after 2 years!! So i bought a sax-125.2 and a set of morel tempo 6's. Its going to be summer in a week for me so i decided to attempt to fabricate a fiberglass kick's.

This thread inspired me: http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2341790

But what I was wondering was the position of the tweets. Should i place them in the a-pilars or keep them in the kick panel?

Put them in the a-pillars. I've messed around with having tweeters in the kick panels and it's just a pain to make them play as if they're above the dash. You need a lot of processing and good aiming to make it work. A-pillars are definately the best location I've used for tweeters, you just have to find the right tweeter if you're planning to go on or off axis.

I like to keep the mid & tweet close. Generally its much easier to deal w/ a common point source (keeps things simple w/ minimal tuning). When listening to music from multiple point sources, issues like time arrival, phase shifts, colb filtering/frequency response, etc. all become more prominent. A car environment is a harsh place for sound reproduction & each install will differ. So, figure out what your willing to sacrifice, as there are pros & cons to either approach. Best thing to do is use some double sided tape & experiment w/ the different positions. Let your own ears decide which placement works best for you.

I've done both, and had good results from both.

In addition to what the previous replies said, keep in mind the room you have to work with, especially on the drivers side.

I originally wanted to do a kick panel setup in my current ride (8th gen Civic) but it's a stick and there's no room to work with on the drivers side. The kick location is also located so far under the dash that I didn't think it would work anyways with so much stuff in the way of the sound path (legs, center console, etc) ;>

Had a kick panel setup in my '96 Accord automatic and it sounded great.

I've done both, and had good results from both.
In addition to what the previous replies said, keep in mind the room you have to work with, especially on the drivers side.

I originally wanted to do a kick panel setup in my current ride (8th gen Civic) but it's a stick and there's no room to work with on the drivers side. The kick location is also located so far under the dash that I didn't think it would work anyways with so much stuff in the way of the sound path (legs, center console, etc) ;>

Had a kick panel setup in my '96 Accord automatic and it sounded great.
Okk cause I have a 96 accord automatic as well. It looks like the kickpanels would get in the way but I guess not. Do you still have the kicks?

Unfortunately, no. My attempt to build custom kicks failed miserably, so I ended up using a stock Q-form from Q-logic. The tweet positions are fixed, but I found them acceptable. I just used them for the tweets. The mids went in the doors.

Unfortunately, no. My attempt to build custom kicks failed miserably, so I ended up using a stock Q-form from Q-logic. The tweet positions are fixed, but I found them acceptable. I just used them for the tweets. The mids went in the doors.

Is fiberglassing extremely hard the first few times?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jared530

10+ year member
Drop bombs
Jared530
Sacramento, Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date