Two bass remote, which one?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'd use whichever controls the level, and not the bass boost.

I think Rockford PEQ remote controls the "bass boost" at specific frequency, which to me is not very good for a remote.

I'd lean towards the Audiocontrol, although I don't know how it function on the AC unit. I did a quick search and didn't see much mentioned on their website, but I believe it just controls the level which is better in my opinion.

I would run the control wiring across the top of the seats and test both out to see which one serves your needs the most before hiding or tucking the cable so you dont waste your time with either. Thats me though

I'd use whichever controls the level, and not the bass boost.

I think Rockford PEQ remote controls the "bass boost" at specific frequency, which to me is not very good for a remote.

I'd lean towards the Audiocontrol, although I don't know how it function on the AC unit. I did a quick search and didn't see much mentioned on their website, but I believe it just controls the level which is better in my opinion.
I’ll test out both tomorrow and see how it thumps. Appreciate the help.

Attachments

• 20221010_113058 (5).jpg
    20221010_113058 (5).jpg
    751.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20221010_113021 (2).jpg
    20221010_113021 (2).jpg
    597.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20221010_113007 (5).jpg
    20221010_113007 (5).jpg
    754.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20221010_113336 (5).jpg
    20221010_113336 (5).jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 2
That looks like a decent basic remote for the purpose. (y) I hate the amps / units that use the remote for a "bass boost" at 45hz or whatever frequency.
There are others on amazon for like $20 but.... Even Taramps makes one that appears to be decent or a cheapo with their logo on it..

The CT sounds one is pretty cool but didn;t feel like all the extra wires and voltage monitoring was needed.

I got the ACR-U to use on my Soundigital 2400.1 EVOPS which does not come with one. I figure it's made by AC, got to be pretty clean and it's built really solid. Didn't make sense to take my chances on a cheapo controller for a $600 amplifier!

Last edited:
There are others on amazon for like $20 but.... Even Taramps makes one that appears to be decent or a cheapo with their logo on it..

The CT sounds one is pretty cool but didn;t feel like all the extra wires and voltage monitoring was needed.

I got the ACR-U to use on my Soundigital 2400.1 EVOPS which does not come with one. I figure it's made by AC, got to be pretty clean and it's built really solid. Didn't make sense to take my chances on a cheapo controller for a $600 amplifier!
Those look like decent cheaper options for sure and probably fine for some systems, but I agree, Audiocontrol has been making high quality stuff for a long time, so definitely one I trust more.

I still have a AC Overdrive Line Driver from the mid 90's and works fine last I recall, though it's been sitting for quite some years now, but yeah really good quality. Last year put a newer AC LOC in my sisters car and it's pretty good, forget the model, LC1i or something, no bass remote though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...