Type R Box Design needed! Will pay.

Pickler
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Las Vegas
I am building a slotted port box for a 12" Type R to go in the backseat of a Tacoma.

The alpine recommended enclosure size for thesubwoofer is 1.7 cubic feet gross or 1.3 cubic feet net (after taking port and subwoofer displacement into consideration). The recommended port tuning frequency is 33 Hz.

The dimensions I have for the base of the box are 15"W and 20"L. The height can be whatever it needs to be to have an optimal internal volume.

I also think that the sub and the port should both be facing up.

If any one would be able to design me a box and a cut sheet I would gladly pay for it. PM me or post here with details.

I could do a great design for the sub, but it would be more than 1.3 net, thats really too small for the sub. What power are you putting on it? Do you want a taller box as in putting in place of one of the rear jump seats, is it extended cab? I have alot of experience with type r's back when they were the #1 sub on here lol .

I'd tune that Typer R lower, around the 30hz mark, assuming its the newer Typer R with the ribbed surrounding. These subs get louder with a lower tuning.

bump.. need a design today. will pay
PM me. Ill get you started. B ut dont go with me if you want it by the end of today, lol. A good design can be done it a day, but not a great one. Plus I gotta go to work in an hour and a half. But Ill get you going early in the morning.I get home at 7am. Let me know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.