TYpe R's still warm

Maxipads
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
my gains less than half way i dont have bass boost up that high and the subsonic filter is around 28 and my box is tuned at 30.3. I dont smell anything weird except for the smell of new subs and new box smell.. lol i drive about 5 miles to a friends house and my cones a tad bit warm and my amp is a little tiny bit warm. i know its common for amps to get warm but i hear cones arent supposed to be?

First turn bass boost off. and I have a feeling your sending a clipped signal maybe ease the volume some on your HU
This, I guarantee it's not from too much power since you're running a Hifonics and since Hifonics get dirty when they are turned up I'm sure the bass boost is making it worse.

This, I guarantee it's not from too much power since you're running a Hifonics and since Hifonics get dirty when they are turned up I'm sure the bass boost is making it worse.
so turn my bass boost down?? then it doesnt even hit at all sounds like i have a fkin bazooka tube behind me?

shordmcman

shordmcman

My amp knobs include Phase, Level, Subsonic Filter, Bass EQ, Low Pass, and my bass knob says Boost on it so im assuming its bass boost correct?

Go buy a DMM, Find the thread on here with the voltage gain chart and set the amplifiers gain correctly. Having your gain "halfway" means nothing you need to match your HU rca voltage to your Gain Voltage ect ect.

turn the bast boost off and set the gain corectly instead of low gain and high bass boost.
this

remove the bass remote for the moment, make the amp flat, no gain or bass boost, keep the bass down (turn your HU about 3/4 way up my guess before it clips may be different idk the HU) and gradually turn the GAIN up until you can hear it sounding like **** (or you can use a DMM if you know what you are doing and know the calculations)... make sure your SSF and LPF are set correctly, around 30-35hz for your SSF (depending on your box if its ported) and LPF 60-80hz, you can now plug the GAIN (bass) knob in.. this knob acts as a gain knob, not bass.. what the gain knob does is when the knob its on maximum its set to where you have your gain set at on the amp, so when its at minimum it is the same as if your amp is at no(0) gain

I have 2 12" type-r's powerd by a Rockford Fosgate T1000.1 BD (1,464 watts rms on birthsheet) and mine don't get warm at all. You definitely don't have it set right. They shouldn't be warm. Never use bass boost. And than set your gain properly using a DMM. But just so you know, that amp is overrated and it really only puts out around 1,000 watts. My brother has his 12" type-R being powered by the same amp as you but only 1 sub. They can handle alot of power.

What's your box specs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.