Upgrading Electrical Help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey all, I was just wondering if I have all my i's dotted and my t's crossed for my electrical upgrade. I drew up a picture up in MS Paint to give you guys a better look at it.

Bk2yWu7.png

The only things I'm not sure of is the engine block to chassis and the "Batt 1 to Batt 2 - 4 Gauge wire". Are they necessary, or what?

For specifics, This is my current setup:

HU: Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS;

Doors: Kicker 6x8 40CS684 rms 75 peak 225 (x4);

subs: Pioneer TS-W3003D4 rms 600 peak 2,000 (x2);

sub amp: Hifonics Colussus Pro 5k 5,000 watts @ 2 ohms;

door amp: Polk Audio PA660 600 watt;

all running on 2 4 gauge wires to the amps and 1 battery, along with the stock alt, which is 65 amp at idle and 120 at peak (2,000 rpm).

I have a 2007 Ford Focus 2.0L

I'm looking to upgrade my alt to:

https://www.dcpowerinc.com/fit/Ford~Focus~2007~2.3L-I4-Duratec/8407-370-xp.html#tab-product_overview

I found that the big 3 upgrade is a good one for increased power flow, so I'm looking at this:

NVX XBG3PK 1/0 AWG Big 3 Upgrade Kit with 100% OFC Wire for Audio

I am currently running 2 lines of 4 gauge wire to my amps from my main battery. This is the upgrade (1/0 Gauge):

InstallBay AK01 0 Gauge Complete Dual Amplifier Install Kit

My main battery is crap so i'm planning on getting two of these, one for the main and one for the trunk:

Amazon.com: XS Power D3400 XS Series 12V 3,300 Amp AGM High Output Battery with M6 Terminal Bolt: Automotive

The fuse for 2nd battery to my 5k amp:

Amazon.com: Blue Sea Systems 350 AMP ANL Fuse: Sports & Outdoors

Fuse Holder:

Amazon.com: Blue Sea Systems ANL 350 to 750A Fuse Block with Insulating Cover: Sports & Outdoors

This is the fuse between 2nd battery and pa660 (600 watt max) amp:

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Systems-ANL-Fuse/dp/B000THQSB4

Fuse holder:

Amazon.com: Blue Sea Systems ANL Fuse Block with Insulating Cover - 35 - 300A: Sports & Outdoors

I'm not sure if I need a fuse between the batteries. I don't think so, but I figure I'd ask just in case.

I'm also not sure if I need a relay between the batteries. I won't be running the car in acc mode. Only on or off. So I don't see a point in getting a relay.

Thanks for anyone who read this far. Please let me know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.