upgrading from my 12'' type s .....ideas????

Participant count
  • Participant list
just as the title states

oh ya thing is its going in a house [posted here will get more hits]

running off 250 ish watts rms @4 ohms from my parts express plate amp

the output is pretty good but i wanna get something with better sq running off the same power

i looked at the fi X series they are 300 watts rms and have some nice specs

looking to spend 250 american tops just for the sub i know i will have to build a custom box for it

mabye a tc 1000? 15 and 12's only unless its a ungodly loud 10 heheheh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/woot.gif.aaa6090e619a97b6090d16dd863c5a69.gif

music taste is 80 % metal and 20 mostly for music but i want it to hit LOW on movies

the type s is in a 1.5 cf tuned to 32 with a 1.75'' port and 22 '' or port area

would she get a hell of a lot louder if i say doubled the port area and made a box with some hella pimped 4'' pvc ports?

only requirements is it will pound off 250 watts rms wired at 4 ohm so i guess its gotta be a dual 2 or single 4 coil

mabye thinking of a mach5 audio 12 since its the cheapest cast basket sub i have seen online plus its in canada where i live

but that would be for a BEATER not anything sq

do the tc sounds tc1000 have that same triple joint prob as the tc2000?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-KICKER-COMP-VR-CVR15-4-15-1000w-CAR-SUBWOOFER-SUB_W0QQitemZ270046193698QQihZ017QQcategoryZ58035QQcmdZViewItem

i'm thinking about making a big fat box and putting the biggest port i can to get the most effieceny [ bad spelling] out of the sub as i can

since its a medium sized room it really doesnt have to get that crazy to be loud

plus i was reading that for a big room you tune to 20 hz and for a medium sized room like my living room you wanna go in the low 30's

current box is 1.5 @32 hz with 22 square inches of port and dont get me wrong it will get loud but its doesnt like the mega lows of some songs [ never has bottomed out yet tho] just rather have something that moves more air

and sounds better

i would not be opposed to buying another 250 watt amp from parts express or mabye a tiny dj amp from parts express to really get the new sub moving

[ since the s can not even handle this amp really i have the gains down]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.