Upgrading my system and need some help

Participant count
  • Participant list

williambmac

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys, newbie here. I need a little help.

2005 wrangler with an alpine system. 

cde-hd149bt head unit

mrv-f300 4 channel amp

mrv-m250 mono amp

12" type r sub

5 1/4 s series speakers in sound bar

infinity kapp 4x6 speakers in the dash

I am looking to upgrade my HU to a double din with Apple Carplay and there are three units I am interested in,

Alpine iLX-207 @ 599.00 

Kenwood DMX7705S @ 399.00 (no HD radio)

Kenwood Excelon DMX905S @ 529.00

the above units seem pretty comparable with the exception of the DMX7705S which does not have HD radio. I really don't care much about XM radio, looking to get rid of it, figured with carplay I would have access to Pandora, Spotify etc.

Does anyone have any real world experience with any of these head units? Is there a big difference with HD radio? How about sound quality. 

I have always been a big fan of Alpine, but with this being a bigger $$$ investment I am considering Kenwood as an option. 

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.