Using 1000 watts

mistiksky
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
will i need to upgrade my battery, alternator, ex.

Im am changing my system from a gargabe visonik 800 watt max amp powering 2 jl w0's to a ia7 cadence amp powering 3 old school jl 12w6's

I know i will need to upgrade my wire gauge from 8 to 4 but what other changes do i need to make??

put a 5 farad cap in the back and you should be good, others may tell you differently though

My setup

BXi1606D

4 gauge

2 W3011 12's

1.2 farad Tsunami Cap

Stock 90amp alternator

Biggest drop ive seen is from 14.4 to 12.6

You should be fine. If you gotta run new wire, just do 0 gauge now and get it over with. And do the big 3 while you're at it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

will i need to upgrade my battery, alternator, ex.Im am changing my system from a gargabe visonik 800 watt max amp powering 2 jl w0's to a ia7 cadence amp powering 3 old school jl 12w6's

I know i will need to upgrade my wire gauge from 8 to 4 but what other changes do i need to make??
You forgot the most important part... age of the car and what type of car. Most car's stock electrical can take 1K watts. My car ('98 Mustang) takes 1.2K @ 14 volts with stock system. Just upgraded big 3.

dont ever buy a cap they have never been proven to do anything at all. just do like the rest said and upgrade big 3 and wiring.
I have a slight question to impose on you... Are you fucking retarded? Or purposely dense?

Capacitors actually have a purpose, and they are mechanically (well, electronically) usable... just not in an every day environment. Think of the flash on a camera, that's powered by capacitors. Let's not also forget that most amps have internal capacitors. However, one use in a daily environment is leveling out the slight AC qualities inherit in the power line. (I.E. fill the valleys and cut the peaks.) Either way, the listening probably won't tell a difference unless they have an extremely trained ear.

I have a slight question to impose on you... Are you fucking retarded? Or purposely dense?
Capacitors actually have a purpose, and they are mechanically (well, electronically) usable... just not in an every day environment. Think of the flash on a camera, that's powered by capacitors. Let's not also forget that most amps have internal capacitors. However, one use in a daily environment is leveling out the slight AC qualities inherit in the power line. (I.E. fill the valleys and cut the peaks.) Either way, the listening probably won't tell a difference unless they have an extremely trained ear.
haha well spoken //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I knew someone was bound to chime in on that reply...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.