Vertical box design in my truck.....possible?

ChadS99SVT
10+ year member

Alright I have been through lots of scenarios and this seems like my favorite at the moment. I have never built a box, but I have a friend that is fairly experienced with this stuff that will help.

Right now I am just curious as to what you guys think and if a design with these measurement limitations will work.

My goal is to have a ported sub box probably down firing that will house a 10" RE SX10. so ~1cuft of ported air.

The measurements I took were maximum measurements and I would prefer to not have it as tall as the back of the seat but will consider it if I need to.

Please feel free to share opinions and comments. thanks

Pic of the area. The jack mount will be removed but this sorta gives you a visual.

Lock location

Measurements.

Thats the type of designe I am working on. Sub will fire down and the port will fire toward the front seat. Found that this way allows for subs with larger mounting depths to fit were normally they wouldn't.

Jon

I dont see why not? but why not remove the seat bottom for more clearance?
because I want to keep it simple to remove and restore to a full bench seat if necessary. I may decide to remove the seat if it makes things much much easier or if it requires me to but for now I want to try and keep it in.

1 cube isn't enough airspace for a ported box for an SX 10", IMO.
it's more of an approximate. 1 cube is a minimum I will do more if possible.

Go to this site and plug your numbers into the Wedge 2 calculator:
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

You have plenty of room to go bigger than 1^3, so see what that sub needs for a ported enclosure.
according to RE's site the optimal settings are 1.25^3 @ 34hz

Great Website^^ according to the site and using my max calculations I am just barely at 2^3ft minus port etc so I should be able to shrink it a little and perhaps take the seat back out to maybe make a straight rectangle.

thanks for the link.

Much easier to do a cube if you can fit it. I've built a Wedge 2 style and figuring the hypotenuse was easy, cutting those angles with a circular saw by hand wasn't //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

Much easier to do a cube if you can fit it. I've built a Wedge 2 style and figuring the hypotenuse was easy, cutting those angles with a circular saw by hand wasn't //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif
I have a table saw and all the necessary tools. I am just gonna take my time and do it right. I hope //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Hey guys im gay....
thanks for sharing.

where are you putting this box?
I am assuming you are talking about a supercrew. If so I only have the extended cab.

As the pictures show I am going to put it inbetween the seat frame with the seat flipped up. it will be a vertical box. This is still in the early stages and I havn't figured out exact dimensions yet.

Why not build a center console that will allow you to seat a person on either side of it? The box would "wrap" around the seat and you could leave both folded down. It would make the build harder but stealthier and you could add cup holders...

Why not build a center console that will allow you to seat a person on either side of it? The box would "wrap" around the seat and you could leave both folded down. It would make the build harder but stealthier and you could add cup holders...

yeah I am going to look into that. but I am not sure that I have enough room between the front and rear seats to do that. for the supercrew trucks that are the full 4 door trucks that would definately be possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.