Volume decrease when I turn it up loud

Sort of an odd issue. It's not that big of a deal but when I crank it up really loud, it will play loud for about 20 seconds and then the volume will have a pretty significant decrease by itself. I can turn it up again and it will not do it again. Just curious why it would do that. It's not just one amp it's volume coming out of both.

Whats your power supply for your system consist of? And what vehicle?Stock alt?Stock battery?Big 3 done?Size of Power supply wiring?You may need more supply for the demand?

I really think its a supply issue..Those amps need some power.Sound fading out is generally caused when your battery bank is down to its min capacity in most cases.Clipping could be another issue as well,but both amps in volume decrease to me is a sign of lack of supply needed for the demand..Not good for the amps on a continual basis..Youll end up frying the power supply on the board if you dont feed them properly,,

Been there in the past,and an expensive lesson learned..Thanks HONDA..LOL

I really think its a supply issue..Those amps need some power.Sound fading out is generally caused when your battery bank is down to its min capacity in most cases.Clipping could be another issue as well,but both amps in volume decrease to me is a sign of lack of supply needed for the demand..Not good for the amps on a continual basis..Youll end up frying the power supply on the board if you dont feed them properly,,Been there in the past,and an expensive lesson learned..Thanks HONDA..LOL
Yeah I just have a crappy stock battery in it and I'm not sure how old it is. I get a small amount of headlight dimming too. I did do the big 3 upgrade. I think I'm just going to upgrade the stock battery to something nicer.

if your trying to get loud, id def recommend an agm battery under the hood. thats a HUGE help on 4 cyl motors like HONDA LOL. Audiobahn, still havent had time to sort out my ELD.. but the agm under the hood help immensely!

if your trying to get loud, id def recommend an agm battery under the hood. thats a HUGE help on 4 cyl motors like HONDA LOL. Audiobahn, still havent had time to sort out my ELD.. but the agm under the hood help immensely!
Yeah it's a v6 with 1200 watts from alternator so it's not horrible but the battery looks old. I think it will definitely help and probably need a new battery soon anyway.

Yeah I just have a crappy stock battery in it and I'm not sure how old it is. I get a small amount of headlight dimming too. I did do the big 3 upgrade. I think I'm just going to upgrade the stock battery to something nicer.
You can get an Orileys Super Start Plat AGM as I have in my sig that comes with a 3 yr warranty,that is a great battery,be approx $160 bucks but a great warranty and a great batt for the money..I think that will be all you need running the power you have as I checked out your vid on your install..If you need ,or experience any other issues,you can simply add another batt(I recommend same batt in line) in the rear/trunk,and you should be just fine without having to add a larger alt and/or upgrade your power run ect for your install.Great batts,

Good advice ^ just to add, sams club sells top/side post duracell agm batteries for 135 or so. A member on here @michaellane sells the same rebadged duracell's made by east Penn for 90 but they're only side post.

To be honest, unless you have some serious voltage drop the loss in sound level shouldn't be noticeable

Good deal sir.. Yet..for that amps supply needs..I recommend another batt(same if possible(brand) or larger AGM in the rear near that amp and get your ELD done for sure, and you should really get to experience that amps output,as well as serving its hunger properly without any issues. Deff needed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

I always get the DUAL post batts, in which gives you the room to add additional terminals aside of the existing needed for the vehicle.I say buy the Orileys AGM batts, due to the warranty,that most batts you buy only have a 1 year, or at times 2 year,as well as my experience with them thus far..I run three in my truck,and two in my Honda CRV(same size that fits my truck )with small modification to fit under the hood,and one in the tire well(spare tire mounts on outside of my CRV,)so that space gave me that option to place another batt to serve my power needs..Amps on top of that wheel well cover, and False floor on top that to place my sub box..Stacking basiclly,and securing everything

I ended up with two batts, so the need for top and side posts was only necessary for my primary battery. I have the duracell AGM and one of those deka's from mike under the hood.

Duracell AGMs come with a three year warranty too. orielley AGM's are rebadged east penn - duracell/deka/superstart all the same battery. I can take pictures of my duracell vs my deka and you'll see they're exactly the same. only difference is you pay more for top/side posts and you pay more buying it from oreilleys (they mark up a lot of stuff)

Good deal sir.. Yet..for that amps supply needs..I recommend another batt(same if possible(brand) or larger AGM in the rear near that amp and get your ELD done for sure, and you should really get to experience that amps output,as well as serving its hunger properly without any issues. Deff needed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif
What do I do with the ELD? I see some stuff about it for Honda civics? I need to bypass it or something? Maybe I'll eventually get a battery in the back too but would rather avoid that if possible. It doesn't look cheap.

I ended up with two batts, so the need for top and side posts was only necessary for my primary battery. I have the duracell AGM and one of those deka's from mike under the hood.
Duracell AGMs come with a three year warranty too. orielley AGM's are rebadged east penn - duracell/deka/superstart all the same battery. I can take pictures of my duracell vs my deka and you'll see they're exactly the same. only difference is you pay more for top/side posts and you pay more buying it from oreilleys (they mark up a lot of stuff)
I knew that they were pretty much the same as other batts, but I didnt want to state not knowing the actual facts for recommending.Good information on the Duracell batts..I did not know they had a 3 year warranty on them.Thanks..I may change in the future to save a bit as well.I use dual post, seems to be easier to add extra terminals for me,and giving me more room to play with as well.Going on 3 years on the truck batts, and 2 in the Honda, and still doing very well maintaining voltage

I do get voltage drops too. When I start up the car the 80 prs shows 13.9 volts usually. When I turn it up and start driving the lowest I've seen it drop is to 12.9.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.