W6 or Type X

ashtrey1212
10+ year member

Gimmie Some Sugar Baby!!!
I need opinions on these subs. I know the average JL supporter's answer already but I also know Alpine makes some pretty good stuff themselves. Seriously speaking about these subs, which is better? I don't want any hyped up answers from anyone about how JL is the greatest company on the planet and I don't wanna hear about how the Type X will take someone's head off, I just want to know which is better and why.

The Type X i think will take down the W6, the type x can take more power, and get lower than the W6 for sure, The type x will also get louder and sound better than the W6, the W7 will take the Type X i think, but the Type X will for sure take the W6!!

The Type X i think will take down the W6, the type x can take more power, and get lower than the W6 for sure, The type x will also get louder and sound better than the W6, the W7 will take the Type X i think, but the Type X will for sure take the W6!!
Have you had any experience with either?
I had 2 13W6's and the things pounded, I tried them ported, and sealed....awesome woofers, sound awesome I like them more then W7's besides the fact they won't get as loud. As long as you make the boxes a bit bigger then that JL recommends, they are pretty **** good in the low end.

I haven't had much experience with Type-X's, but I have heard 2 10's of them and they sounded really good, but output on them really seems to depend on installs.

I vote W6, it's a great sub.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Have you had any experience with either?
I had 2 13W6's and the things pounded, I tried them ported, and sealed....awesome woofers, sound awesome I like them more then W7's besides the fact they won't get as loud. As long as you make the boxes a bit bigger then that JL recommends, they are pretty **** good in the low end.

I haven't had much experience with Type-X's, but I have heard 2 10's of them and they sounded really good, but output on them really seems to depend on installs.

I vote W6, it's a great sub.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yeah i have installed both, used both!! THE TYPE X hands down, i have also installed around 25 type x's in cars, since we carry Alipne!!

Yeah i have installed both, used both!! THE TYPE X hands down, i have also installed around 25 type x's in cars, since we carry Alipne!!
What kind of amp would you advise me using to power two 12" Type X's. I have an Alpine PDX 1.1000 that I was gonna use for the time being, but I know those subs can take a lot more.

What kind of amp would you advise me using to power two 12" Type X's. I have an Alpine PDX 1.1000 that I was gonna use for the time being, but I know those subs can take a lot more.
Actually thats what we always install on them if the customer wants a package deal there and before that was the MRD-1005s, i know we have put a memphis MCD 1500D on them for daily also, and they seam to take that much power around 1700wrms daily, i wouldnt go more than that tho!! But your PDX 1.1000 would be perfect for it, or maybe a 16-MCD1500D memphis!!

I have installed both also, I would say for SQ it would be fairly close but it seems as though SPL the W6 was louder, I didnt have a TL on me to prove it and they installs were in two different cars but I was just a little more impressed with the w6s thats all

This is actually the same question I need an answer to.. lol... How about the SQ aspect of them?

free bump!
The SQ out of them are very good as well, thats what Alpine leans towards with the Type X is SQ but its a great performer all the way around!!

I heard one Type X 12 in a one cube or so sealed box and it was orgasmic, actually. Really hard hitting, yet smooth lows. Very smooth sound to it and was fairly loud.

Dont remember what it was powered by.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.