Want to join my cult :D

curious but does the WO make subs hit harder or sound cleaner or both. i wouldnt mind building one for maybe a back up incase something happens to my regular subs i could buy some cheap subs to put in it.

A little bit of both, definently louder.Pretty flat though.

I built a 36" x 24" x 13.5" (external) WO and I couldn't be happier with it.It houses 2 8" rockford fosgate punch Z's.With half the power, it was almost as loud as 2 15" PR's in 8.5 tuned to 27hz.That was a shitty box IMO.No matter the hype, I wouldn't recommend that designer worth **** (good to see what your competition is).40hz below the 15's definently dominated, but above that they were holding their own for 8's.

Right now I'm using it with 100 watt split between the pair, in house, corner loaded.The JBL PB-12 can't keep up.At one point in time that was a $500 sub at best buy.

Definently a good box.It sounds very controlled and tight.I want to build another one.I'll post up pics in a little bit.

Here's my proof of cult membership.

img15283dc.jpg

img37628hs.jpg

img38151fa.jpg

That was back when I still had the mountaineer.I didn't care about looks on this box.As I didn't know if I'd like it or not.Now that it's not used in a vehicle, I see no point in carpeting it.It's covered now anyway, not with carpet though.

If this is soo good with making shitty subs sound good and loud with low power. How would 2 good subs with good power sound?

Amazing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If this is soo good with making shitty subs sound good and loud with low power. How would 2 good subs with good power sound?
Amazing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Pretty good, but it's much more impressive when you throw shitty subs in it with low power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif lol

i think im about to go through the initiation for this cult.

but one thing... once you seal the top piece on... how would you go about changing the subs if they blow or whatnot?

What I did was I didn't glue the top on.I put 3/4" x 3/16" (I think) weather stripping on all the pieces on the box, and drilled holes through the top, weather stripping, and box and countersunk the ones on the top panel.Basically my top panel is just held on by about 60-70 screws.

so it looks like i'll be building the wicked one soon for a pair of 10w3s :)

any suggestion on an amp to power them?

i want cheap, i'm throwing this in my sisters car just so i can build this box :)

if i made the height tall enough would this box work for 2 12's. i was thinking of buying another infinity 1230w and build this box for them just for the hell of it b/c i plan on getting better subs real soon. i know most people use 10s but i just wanted to check and make sure 12's would work or if there was somthing i wasnt realizing.

if i made the height tall enough would this box work for 2 12's. i was thinking of buying another infinity 1230w and build this box for them just for the hell of it b/c i plan on getting better subs real soon. i know most people use 10s but i just wanted to check and make sure 12's would work or if there was somthing i wasnt realizing.

Yes 12's will work, but you'll have to angle the baffles a little, but not too much so the magnets hit the side.I don't think that'll be a problem with infinity refs as I could have gotten a 12" sub with a 4 spoke basket and TC9 motor in there.And another guy had 2 12" SE's.

Oh yeah, I got bored and decided to do a 3-D model of this box.This will also make it easier when I build my next one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

36x24wickedone6oy.png

sorry man but im stealing that pic. lol i was actually waiting on some music to get done downloading so i could sketchup a 3d model. thanks for doing the work for me. now i can just mark down the measurments. lol. rep for you for doing the work for me.

lol, no problem.If anyone wants I might be able to do a cut list with the angles as well.

It might be a little easier than going through the whole satanic drawings.Also, it can be done as a single as well.

It got a little confusing at the beginning with all those construction lines lol.Nothing that can't be done though.

it was mine with the SE's. Imageshack is down, but I have a thread somewhere on here with pics, or maybe someone saw pics and made a thread, I don't remember. I did the 30x36 w/angled baffles.

Forgot about these. It did fit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

tje011.jpg

tje010.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ramos

5,000+ posts
Still learning
ramos
Virginia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date