wanting to do a wall in my pt cruiser. need opinions

jrbsr05pt
10+ year member

Me and my buddy are going to be building a wall in my pt cruiser. We originally had planned on doing 2 18's or 4 15's. Dayton audio. Then he called me up asking what about 16 lanzar max8's. While 16 8's sound good. I'm nervous on getting lanzar lol. He said after doing everything on his laptop the 16 8's will be louder and still sound good. IV never heard these subs personally and would like opinions. Were still panning on which amps right now because I'm not sure what subs I want to go with. When we do the build were redoing everything. 0 gauge 50 ft roll. Doing the big 3 and running back to the hatch. A mechman ho alt, deadner and then of course batteries. So we've got everything in order except subs and amps but once we figure out which subs he'll know which amos to go with. So opinions please

No one? Nothing at all?? I know there cheap subs. Which is why I'm asking. He says he's done builds with them before and have been quite impressed by them. I guess I should say. I'm not trying to win trophies or comps or anything. I just want something to look cool and still sound good. 16 8's would definitely look cool in a pt cruiser. I just want other peoples opinions.

i'm here lanzars succcccckkkk! but even with that said 16 will probably still get nasty but not that oh my god unbelievable nasty as if you had some decent subs... why dayton or lanzar? budget constraints if so there still are alot of decent budget subs......

No one? Nothing at all?? I know there cheap subs. Which is why I'm asking. He says he's done builds with them before and have been quite impressed by them. I guess I should say. I'm not trying to win trophies or comps or anything. I just want something to look cool and still sound good. 16 8's would definitely look cool in a pt cruiser. I just want other peoples opinions.
lol, bro nothing looks cool in a PT CRUISER..... what type a budget you looking at? lol

i would not personaly purchace the lanzar brand. some of it is pretty ok ish - but some of it is crap

there are plenty of better options out there to be had.

i wish mach 5 was still making the 18mjm subs ( best bang for the buck sub ever )

i always wanted to give those a run in a wall of some sort

I've seen quite a few people say the lanzar max pro subs are pretty good for budget subs. i had a pair the max pro 12s but that was my first system and i clipped the fawk outta them, lol.

lol, bro nothing looks cool in a PT CRUISER..... what type a budget you looking at? lol
So besides hating on a pt cruiser lol. A wall will look ****** in a cruiser. As far as I have searched and looked I haven't seen one. I have quite a bit of money to spend total but I was only looking to spend roughly 12-1300 on subs. When he first mentioned 8's I said vfl 8's since imo there **** and beasty but then he said get 16 lanzar 8. I was like eh. Idk. Nit a fan of lanzar. My plans were some psi 15's but for what I'm wanting they'd be to much. I'm wanting a eye catching install which is why the 16 8's got my attention but they are lanzars and I'm iffy on them. Like I said. Not trying to win comps or anything. Just when I show people and take pictures and stuff it looks cool. He's done multiple wall builds and car audio for 20+ years he was going more towards the cheaper subs cuz they can be replaced easy. Idk. I guess give me some opinions on some other subs.

I know to be loud I could just go with 4 15's or 2 18's but alot of people do that in their walls. I want a multiple sub wall. Like 8 or more. And for that many subs it'd have to be 12's, 10's or 8's as its be kinda tough to fit that many 15's or 18's in there lol

oooo yeah on that budget, last time I seen vfls 8 they were like 115 ish so you could do some nasty things with 10 of those on ample power.... on that budget too you could do like 8 c2 12's, maybe some IA 21's that would be nasty.....

4 15s = win even if they are only medium $300 ish each subs it will still slam - sound good - and have way less issues than a bunch of smaller subs
What 15's? But I'm not looking to win though lol. every wall I see on the internet or in person consists of 15's or 18's. I almost believe there isn't a walled cruiser, I like to be different. So why not make the first walled cruiser different from other walled cars. Yes I want to be loud but I don't want to do what everyone else does. So what subs would you guys recommend then for my setup. My price is up there. IV stated what I'm looking for. Like 8 or more 12, 10's or 8's

oooo yeah on that budget, last time I seen vfls 8 they were like 115 ish so you could do some nasty things with 10 of those on ample power.... on that budget too you could do like 8 c2 12's, maybe some IA 21's that would be nasty.....
Idk the c2's. I know the ia's. But eh, not really what I'm after. I did talk to him yesterday when we were talking 8's and I said why not vfl's because like you said. They are under 115, but he said those 16 8's will surprise me so that's why I got on here. In my head in thinking vfls. I like 8's. Especially multiple 8's.

What 15's? But I'm not looking to win though lol. every wall I see on the internet or in person consists of 15's or 18's. I almost believe there isn't a walled cruiser, I like to be different. So why not make the first walled cruiser different from other walled cars. Yes I want to be loud but I don't want to do what everyone else does. So what subs would you guys recommend then for my setup. My price is up there. IV stated what I'm looking for. Like 8 or more 12, 10's or 8's
did ya read ^^^ there my last post, I feel ya about the same sh1t over and over... I would say shd24's but that outta budget I think some 21's would kill it though....

Amazon.com: DP21D2 - Incriminator Audio 21" Dual 2-Ohm 1500W RMS Death Penalty Series Subwoofer: Car Electronics

two of those would look nasty!!!!!!

new versions....

Death Penalty-21 D1 Incriminator Audio 21" 1500W Dual 1-Ohm Death Penalty Series

I like the idea of the 8's and the vfl yellow will definitely be a show piece.....

those c2 12's are a beastly budget sub... like 150 so you could do a huge 8 12 build or so that would lok sick, later get carbon (color cone) and trick your subs out that would be a awesome show piece...

Idk the c2's. I know the ia's. But eh, not really what I'm after. I did talk to him yesterday when we were talking 8's and I said why not vfl's because like you said. They are under 115, but he said those 16 8's will surprise me so that's why I got on here. In my head in thinking vfls. I like 8's. Especially multiple 8's.
8's are awesome, here's another budget 8 that is awesome..... the American Bass XD its the little bro of the vfl , its kills the sa8 imo, and can be had for like 80, but if it comes down to it vfl's all the way.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.