What amp for my tc sounds lms-r 12's? Got a few ideas, just need some direction!

bgolightly82
10+ year member

Hey guys, so I'm back with another thread to try and get a little closure on products. So I've got the boxes made, filled with TC Sounds LMS-R 12's, ID Components in the front, Coaxial 6x9's in the back, proper electrical (HO Alt, Big 3, 2 Yellowtops), now its down to the amps. I was originally going with the SS DTR's, but now, due to trunk space, I am going to build a sub floor for the amps (because i'm facing the subs in the cabin, so that leaves a little room in the trunk. So the sub floor allows me to utilize that room for whatever) So now I'm looking into the SS Picasso PX1.1300D (1300 @ 1ohm); SS Tarantula TX1.1300D (1300 @ 1ohm); MB Onyx1.1500D (1500 @ 1ohm); Hifonics HFI1500D (1500 @ 1ohm); Hifonics TXI1508D (1500 @ 1ohm), and so on.... I'm really just looking for something that does rated power and is efficient. I hear that the SS DTR's are great but I'd hate to have to tuck them away and now show em off! Which is why I want to go with the sub-floor to display them, yet still utilize the room. Any and all suggestions are welcome! Let me know if there's something out there better! I'm working with a some what limited budget though...which is why basically every amp I look at is 300 and down. Thanks again guys!

Also....looking for a good 4 Channel to push my speakers (Something that gets 150 per channel @ 4ohms; matches the other amps would be great!)

Are the Sundown amps like really underrated? Because I hear that the LMS's really shine around 1300 or so, without any complications. Do you think the SAZ-1000D does about that? And I did look at the JBL, but I wasn't sure how good of an amp that was. Are AQ Amps really that good? I see alot of them on like Youtube, but never really looked into them.

Ok, so I looked in to the amps that were listed above. As for the AQ's, I can't find any! There are no dealers around here and Ebay has none. The Sundowns are nice, but a bit pricey. As for the JBL's, I'd love to get these bad boys (2 - GTO14001D's, and 1 - GTO1004) but again, that all adds up to quite a bit. I know you get what you pay for, but is there any other suggestions that I can take into consideration? The SS DTR's are only like $170 each, which was a perfect price, with perfect power, and from what I hear, great quality. But again, I want to go with a flat mount amp. So I guess I'm askin if you guys have any other suggestions, either on where I can find these other amps cheaper, or if there's some other amps out there that I need to look into. Help me out guys! Thanks

Yah I did hear a little about the DSC's, but I also heard that there were like 8 out of 10 that were bad or something? Or is that just some ******** that people were puttin out there? Are they efficient? Do true watts? Reliable? I heard the Onyx was their replacement, ever heard anything good about them?

You are running two lms-r 12s? What's your total budget for the amp(s)?

Word around town is the Powerbass XTA line is Korean built. Just food for thought.

the 8 out of 10 thing is likely from someone that has something against maxxsonics, there are quite a few. the dsc is a very solid amp, i ran the crap out of mine did 140 with it on a single 12 at 40hz

ive never heard of anyone having a problem with them that wasnt caused by them, not saying there hasnt been though.

Well it's not that I have a limited budget, it's just that the more expensive it becomes, the longer it will be before I get it all. I'd like to be around $200 per amp if I could. Would like to go with the JBL's, but they're like $325 a piece. And what about the PB's being Korean? Is that bad or good? I guess I don't get what you're saying about them? Should I look into those as well?

so is sundown, and AQ, and probably everything else you run
They are also a **** ton cheaper //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Op Grab yourself a ap30001 and call it a day

Thanks Inferno, but I need 2, and I'd like to get a matching 4 channel. Also, does anybody know what I should respectively feed the LMS-R's? I've been debating on giving them 1500, or should I stick to around 1000? I mean I know they can take 1500 but is it gonna kill em eventually? Maybe find an underrated 1k amp for them?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.