What batteries can support 1000w?

boomzilla
10+ year member

Got 'Roids?
Florida
I've been looking around to try and figure it out, but I can't. What batteries can support 1000w? I have a stock alt for now, and a stock batt up front, big 3 in 1/0. So would an HC800 work? Or would I need something bigger?

batcap 800 will, I have one for sale or trade.
Ok. Just looking for now, want to make sure I get the right battery.

hc800 would be fine but the bigger the better. Do you plan on upgrading in the future?
Yeah, eventually. But for now, I'm just running 1000rms from a zx1000.1. If I get an HC800 and want to upgrade, could I just add some more HC800's or would I have to get a new set of batts?

add more, or sell that one and get a bigger one.
Thanks!

Yes, you could just add more hc800s. Just don't forget that it also means you'll need more wire, terminals, etc to go along with it.
Ok, lol yeah I know it means more wires and terminals.... *****, I hate crimping, but I won't spend the money for the nice set screw ones, so I can't really complain.

there are also Kinetik HC1200's and HC1400's as well.
I know, but at this time I don't have $200-250 to spend. I can buy one HC800 if it'll help my stock electrical from getting so abused. Then I'll add one later for more stability I guess. But would it be way more worth it to wait and buy a big ass battery or just stock up on the HC800's?

Thanks!

Ok, lol yeah I know it means more wires and terminals.... *****, I hate crimping, but I won't spend the money for the nice set screw ones, so I can't really complain.

I know, but at this time I don't have $200-250 to spend. I can buy one HC800 if it'll help my stock electrical from getting so abused. Then I'll add one later for more stability I guess. But would it be way more worth it to wait and buy a big ass battery or just stock up on the HC800's?
Adding more can work well. just letting you know about the other sizes

unless you are having issues, you shouldn't need a batt for 1000rms. I am running ~1250rms on stock alt and batt w/ big 3 and am fine.
I'm having strange issues with my windows is all, plus I worry about voltage constantly. When I play my music full tilt, or at moderate levels throughout the day, I can feel it's wear on my electrical. My idle is wierd, when I use my in car lighter, or roll up the windows (they go super fvcking slow after playing for awhile), my car starts to shutter, feeling like it will die. When I turn the switch for my sub amp off, and let my car charge up, the car runs smoother and the windows go up faster. But theres still a tiny shutter when I do so. I think it's my alternator, but I don't have the money for a HO alt right now either. So the best I can do is buy a decent battery and see if it helps.

Also, I cannot get to my alt at all, my Cavy is fwd and the alt sits at the bottom of the engine bay. I havn't been able to upgrade the wire, is there a chance that's whats messing it up? I'm afraid if I do it myself I won't put the alt back on right, and cause some serious damage to the car.

I'm having strange issues with my windows is all, plus I worry about voltage constantly. When I play my music full tilt, or at moderate levels throughout the day, I can feel it's wear on my electrical. My idle is wierd, when I use my in car lighter, or roll up the windows (they go super fvcking slow after playing for awhile), my car starts to shutter, feeling like it will die. When I turn the switch for my sub amp off, and let my car charge up, the car runs smoother and the windows go up faster. But theres still a tiny shutter when I do so. I think it's my alternator, but I don't have the money for a HO alt right now either. So the best I can do is buy a decent battery and see if it helps.
Or you can save the $250 for a good alt if that is what your issue is. to me, it sounds like you are having the typical issues of drop from 14v to 12v. and adding a batt that sustains a little over 12v will not solve the issue.

If it was me, I would get a cheaper battery(new to alleviate any added resistance due to age) and save the money for an alt. When you upgrade to something more than 1000wrms, then spend gobs of money on batteries:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.