what component 6.5's too buy?

***ACE***
10+ year member

i have a toyota tacoma and i want to replace my stock speakers with some good components. whats the best set up for around $300-$400.also to match the components what should i run for speakers in the rear which is also 6.5?i will run all the speakers off a JL audio 300/4 amp. for a subwoofer im running a 10w6v2 ran from a jl 500/1 amp.if you have any other questions please ask.

any info on speakers is GREATLY apprecitaed.

thanks,

ACE

i have a toyota tacoma and i want to replace my stock speakers with some good components. whats the best set up for around $300-$400.also to match the components what should i run for speakers in the rear which is also 6.5?i will run all the speakers off a JL audio 300/4 amp. for a subwoofer im running a 10w6v2 ran from a jl 500/1 amp.if you have any other questions please ask.any info on speakers is GREATLY apprecitaed.

thanks,

ACE

What size are the rears? As for comps that shouldn't be a problem find something good, in your budget.

do you have any experience with these?? or should i step up and spend $400 per set and get something better??

Actually the shop I used to work for carry's nothing but Focal for our mid's and Highs. They are one of the top for comps, they sound awesome. So do those MB Quarts another company right up there.

alright, ill look into something liek that.i like to listen to my music loud and with lots of bass so do you think i will blow these fast?? i listen to rap and some other stuff

alright, ill look into something liek that.i like to listen to my music loud and with lots of bass so do you think i will blow these fast?? i listen to rap and some other stuff

No dude most of these are two of the top companys for comp sets. If you want alot more mid take the Focals. They are awesome!

ok, thanks a TON for the help.if i run comp's all around can i put the tweeters from the rear upfront??? mabey some where on the dash??? or would i be better off to put them in the back?

ok, thanks a TON for the help.if i run comp's all around can i put the tweeters from the rear upfront??? mabey some where on the dash??? or would i be better off to put them in the back?
You could but your highs would probably be really bright and hurt your ears.

honestly, in a tacoma, you shouldnt need a high end rearstage... or even a rearstage at that... i would take the money get either a set of germaniums and just run front stage, or get a set of slc's and some coax's in the rear, i do suggest in putting more effort to ur front stage. also, the focals do get really bright, i run focals, and they're bright as heck, the tweeters get tinny, it has that "diamond cutter sound" the mids are really nice, but the tweets are too harsh for my blood... rainbow has really laid back and smooth tweets.

try this link

http://www.tacotunes.com/----not mine

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/823613-----not mine

I have a 90 toyota pickup regular cab and had boston pro 5.2 in the door running off ads pq10 at 90x2 watts and 2 jl W0 10"(carver amp 120x2) in box behind seat custome box by shop(pretty **** for the $$$ now that I know more about car audio) back in 1991. back then speakers didn't need big wattage, that I know about, nowadays sub require min 300watts up to 1000 watts max

right now I am reworking it and seems endless work, with work, kids and this calfiornia heat, oh catching the upgrade fever delays the project.

I got alpine type R 6.5 in the doors now, with 3/4 mdf baffle(speaker depth is too big) and trying to fit 2 12" id overstock in the back, have prebuilt cheap box trying to make it work behind the seat. And the sub hits pretty good, got my garage door panels shaking or ratteling. The alpine sounds okay for the price but I think I am going back to Boston pro, need to deaden doors and back panels.

so I would say only get front components and find out what your door depth is beforing it starts hitting the window rails. my depth on the door was less than

1.5", added 3/4 baffle and put spacer on the window rail bolt(no power window) to move it back further for fitting my apline which is 2.75" depth.

working with toyota truck, car door depth is problem and ideal location for tweeter is problem, but maybe newer tacoma truck is better.

I think there is a ebay seller name taco something who specialize in selling speaker adapter so you can fit better speakers or components location.

will put up link later if I can find it.

just get a good componet upfront, good component amp, maybe 1 or 2 12" or 10" in box with mono amp. Then the trick is to balance the sound so that sub doesn't overtake the fronts and all you hear is booming bass. It depends if you want sq or spl sound.

OH, it never fails you always start out think you want cheap good system and before you know it you end up later buying $$$ quality stuff, which explains my selection in alpine type R, now I am stuck with it for the moment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.