What could be the problem? Cutting out...

FonzTX

Ok, heres the deal had this set up the P3 12" Phoenix Ryval 1000w mono amp in a similar box like the one in the pics, with a kinetic hc 600, it would only cut off after turning the volume around 27 on a Kenwood head unit, turn the deck off , turn it back on then it would play again until i turn it up to 27 depending on what kind of music i was listening 2 Example heavy bass music/mostly rap. could not turn up the gain on the amp either cuz it would cut off also

Low voltage. The amplifier goes into protect, then when you turn the radio off and back on, it takes it out of protect. When you turn it back up, it goes into protect again.

low voltage? what's the gain set at when it's doing this
Also what voice coil conf is the P3? Dual 4 or 2 ohms? If it's dual 4 than that is your problem. You can not bridge your amp to a 2ohm load.
Dual 4 ohms its a mono amp i dont have it bridge, it only has inputs for a - and +

i can't find that amp in a mono model. only 2 channel. if so, you need to wire each coil to a channel on the amp.

and do not get a capacitor, whoever said that is awfully retarded. if your voltage is dropping so low that it goes into protect, a cap is not going to solve the problem.

however, to me, it sounds like a ohm load issue. make sure you have the coils wired correctly. most 2-channel amps are not stable bridged at a 2ohm load.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i ended up taking this set up out to try this, i put some hifonix in hifonix 300 watt amp and hifonics brutus sub 10", hooked it up regular with no kinetik battery, turned it up all the way and it didnt cut off, the only problem it drained the mess out of by battery in the front..... but the 10" doesnt hit the lows like the 12" so there is a problem with the way the Phoenix/P3 are hooked up so i will have to figure it out...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.