What did I do wrong?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ace_800
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Ok, what the **** did I do wrong? I just replaced my RCA's thinking that was the cause of my ground noise. It wasn't though I found the cause.

Now the sub is playing the engine literally. When the engine is off it plays with no issues, when its on you can hear and feel the engine through the sub. It doesn't increase when I press the gas. I didn't have this problem with the other RCA's and the new RCA's are better. The only thing I replaced was the RCA's, remove the bullet fan and add the bass knob. I went from a memphis 6 channel RCA to 3 2 channel Stinger level 3's. I tried one of the other sets that I installed and it does the same thing.

Could it be a ground and just am hearing it cause the RCA's are better? Pinch an RCA somewhere? What do I need to do to fix it?

So I'm just hearing more noise due to the better RCAs? The sound is pretty loud when its playing, I figured I would have heard it with the other RCAs

maybe ,try moving them in another place ,you can also try grounding one of the rca's and see if that helps.but if it doesn't get louder with the engine's rpm then grounding may not be the problem. may be the deck or like you said a pinch somewhere

Couple things I would try, just from experience.

1. Unplug the antennae and see if the noise is still there. If it is move to #2

2. Remove the ground from the headunit and reground somewhere else. Could be as simple as ground from headunit coming loose due to taking the headunit out.

Still there?

3. Grab an extra set of RCA's. Dont route them under the carpet, just run them straight back to the amp.

Couple things I would try, just from experience.
1. Unplug the antennae and see if the noise is still there. If it is move to #2

2. Remove the ground from the headunit and reground somewhere else. Could be as simple as ground from headunit coming loose due to taking the headunit out.

Still there?

3. Grab an extra set of RCA's. Dont route them under the carpet, just run them straight back to the amp.
Will try tomorrow, also plan on pulling hu out and seeing if noise is still there from possible pinch when all wires were pushed back into dash.

i just went through this and ended up being the remote wire to close to the rca's on the back of the deck. i grounded RCA's and ran all new power and ground for the deck. Nopw all that is making a noise is when the phone is charging and plugged in at the same time

Apparently I had a pinched wire when the dash went back on. I popped it open this morning and turned on the car, no engine noise. Moved a few wires around and popped it back on, still good. So we will see.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.