What do you think about this set up for my Coupe

Quaker13
10+ year member

Dc
I have an 2007 Jaguar XKR and I am putting 2 -IA12s flatlynes on 2-IA 20.1s and for mid and highs i am using a pair of Beyma M6s and a pair of HT45 tweeters on an IA 6.4 digital channel. Getting it installed in 2nd week of January. Still debating on a ported or sealed enclosure.

Let me know what you think

1 20.1 is plenty they arent going to like the 2 unless u turn them way down in which that would be a waste of money. 4cubes ported to 30-34hz will sound amazing dont know much about the highs the 6.4 is a beast , i cant wait for the 3.4 to come out

Lol like throwin some 18's in a ferrari. That is a VERY nice setup though.

EDIT:I also agree with the above^. Those flatlines are "rated" at 750rms and the 20.1's are "rated" at 1800rms. Unless you are running each 20.1 at 2ohms per sub you will surely demolish them in no time.

1 20.1 is plenty they arent going to like the 2 unless u turn them way down in which that would be a waste of money. 4cubes ported to 30-34hz will sound amazing dont know much about the highs the 6.4 is a beast , i cant wait for the 3.4 to come out
headroom my main man, headroom. plus my boy has distribution hookup with IA

that, I would do a mean SQ setup in car like that. Not something that sounds like homie down da screet.
I really don' t think that is retarded at all. I will have the bit ten controlling sound processing and have the Beymas on my front stage and the factory alpine's to give me feel in the rear. I was gonna go with Hertz or Focal, but my guy recommended Beyma and after doing plenty of research nobody has anything bad to say about the Beyma's short of they are some of the loudest and clearest speakers on the market. Everything will be sound dampened so there will be minimal rattle. I probably will never even play the system to it's capability more than once a week, but I would rather have way more sound than I need than a little less sound than I want. My brother has 2 10" W7 sealed and diamond audio in his M5 and while the system sounds great it simply isn't loud enough. It's stupid loud by lay people standards, but not lout enough for me after I rode in my buddy's truck with 2 boston acoustic 13" SPG555 ported. Excuse the grammar I've been drinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always just thought of the Beymas like maybe an upgraded Selenium. will sound loud and clear like you said, but for true SQ (i.e depth, staging, etc) didnt really see too much use to them. But it seems your more into loud and clear which is cool as well. i've seen a couple lexus SC430s with Beymas in them.

i hear you, but i also think any weaknesses the Beymas may have can be mitigated by sound dampening and tuning/eq'ing from the bitten. but hey, i am no expert

2 of those amps is a joke for those subs, other than that, it all sounds good. You still have headroom even with only one amp. So 2 is just a tremendous waste, unless you do plan on giving them well over 2kW on the regular. That would be my only critique.

The subs I am very jelly of, I've heard they sound terrific. Car should be getting loud either way!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.