what happened to my loudness in my stock system when i added a cd player

Participant count
  • Participant list

jlman
10+ year member

Review Committee
yeah i have a 95 dodge truck it had a infinty cassette player in it and a infinty system it didnt sound bad with the cassette but when i bought a sony cd player that was 200 watts i thought it would sound awsome but sounded like ass its really quiet and doesnt thump at all.I can only hear my subs and the only time i can hear my speakers is if i turn it up almost all the way but then my subs distort out.I have no clue what happened but if any of you do please help.

Hey,

youre infinity sound system speakers are all amped

and the amps on the speakers all need to be by-passed.

take it to a shop and get the amps bypassed. this should only cost 20 bucks.

good luck

Hey i am pretty good at car audio stuff but that goes as far as hooking stuff up and wiring subs but i think that i could do it myself is it hard can you tell me how to do it?

I ran into this exact same problem with a 1991 plymouth voyager van i had. I replaced the factory infinity head unit with a pioneer 4100, and i had to purchase a signal converter to change the regular output that the pioneer sends out to a line-level output. I had a problem with the signal converter, though. The pioneer put out too much power to the converter the stereo shop sold me, and it fried it and caught part of my dash on fire. This brings me to my next suggestion. Just do what I did. Yank all that factory Infinity junk out (it's not real infinity...it's chrysler infinity. it *****.) and just run new wires and install whichever pioneer or real infinity co-ax's you can afford to put in. it will sound way better, and probably even a little louder.

So what do you mean just cut the wires on the infinty speakers and put in new speakers just use butt connecters to the old wires and the speakers???Seems like that would be too much work is thier any easier way?

Find out where the amp is installed in the truck, and once you find it, disconnect it and baisically butt all the speaker wires together, and you can tie off the power and remote lead to the amp. The problems i have seen with other people and the amp is knowing which wire is which. If you have access to a chilton it should have it all laid out in there. Good Luck and take it easy!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.