What head unit for my brand new car?

pelplouffe

Canada
Hi! I'm new here and i'm really hopping to get some help choosing a new head unit for my car.

I just bought a brand new 2013 Civic DX base model (NO A/C, Stick, manual Lock) like the most basic model.

So the car come with a regular size single DIN unit but the place for a double Din unit wihout a car kit.

The sound is the best i ever in my car, i had multiple speaker and deck in the past and sadly none of them sounded that good, so i dont want to loose in quality, until i can afford new speaker and amps.

So i would like a Double DIN unit, with GPS, Bluetooth for the phone and a half decent quality. Would like it to be under the 700$ mark, lower the better, OEM look would be nice too. Backup Camera could be interesting but not a need.

Guys got any idea?

Thanks again!

We put an pioneer 80 prs in my buddies 2012. He says he enjoys it but prefers the stock look. IMO, those civics are fugly on the inside and even fuglier when you remove the dash.

I'd get an integration processor like the MS8 (which I just sold to a member here). I currently use the Mosconi 6to8 processor. I enjoy the sleekness and size much better of the 6to8 compared to the MS8. The MS8 is very easy to use for novices, and has an auto tune that "tunes" your car. I'd do some research on it as perseonally, I had issues with the MS8 with my car. I drive an 08 Acura TL which for some reason, pre-amp connection was too little voltage and post amp was too much..which is the overall reason I sold my MS8.

Would be a much better alternative than replacing your HU, and also over all you will have more control and adjustments available to you with a processor compared to a HU

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.