What is quality of single DVC?

dave5701

Have a small car. Looking at a single Pioneer TS-W258D4 with each coil driven individually. I am an old Rock&Roller and not to interested in the low rumble/thumping bass of todays systems. Want solid tight bass though. Looking at a 3 way X-over with low end cut off around 200Hz. Never worked with a DVC speaker. Will this provide good response? Any cut outs? What about phasing concerns, if any? Am I thinking correctly?

what you will want is a small sealed box and a lil mono block.

dont run ur sub up to 200hz that is the job for a midbass driver where ur 6.5s should handle.

never have ur sub crossover above 80hz in car audio. some old song have decent low bass...

The DVC allows the sub to be wired in series and parallel, with a single voice coil you can only wire the sub one way. This is all I really know about the DVC, don't really know if there parameters and such change the output.

Hope I could help.

In your case, the higher quality subwoofers are actually not what you want. You want a less expensive cheapy sub with a higher FS. >45hz
Not necessarily. A good sub will sound good with any music. A ****** sub will sound like **** on all music. High Fs is not a positive attribute on a sub unless you're after SPL because it is usually indicative of a stiff suspension. SPL ability is not the only measure of a sub's quality and for some people it is no measure. "Low rumble/thumping bass" is a factor of the music being played, not the sub. A good sub will play whatever you feed it.

Not necessarily. A good sub will sound good with any music. A ****** sub will sound like **** on all music. High Fs is not a positive attribute on a sub unless you're after SPL because it is usually indicative of a stiff suspension. SPL ability is not the only measure of a sub's quality and for some people it is no measure. "Low rumble/thumping bass" is a factor of the music being played, not the sub. A good sub will play whatever you feed it.
i just took your thanks virginity.

That low rumble sound is also many times accounted for by a sub/enclosure combination that yields a poor alignment. The right enclosure size/type/alignment for the sub is critical in all types of music, but especially so for rock.

My suggestion to a rock n roller is usually to concentrate on a strong midbass setup in the front stage. If done right, the sub will simply compliment the midbass. Getting the midbass correct is imperative for the traditional rock n roll genre.

My suggestion to a rock n roller is usually to concentrate on a strong midbass setup in the front stage. If done right, the sub will simply compliment the midbass. Getting the midbass correct is imperative for the traditional rock n roll genre.
Very much so, gotta catch all of those JPJ bass lines!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.