What is the best amp I could get to drive my CompVR 15s on a $400 budget?

Aleks15Civic

So I have two kicker compvr 15s:

Amazon.com: Kicker 10CVR154 15 CompVR 4 Ohm DVC Subwoofer: Car Electronics

Previously Powered by:

Memphis Car Amp PRX1 1000 1000D Class 1 Ohm Factory SEALED Old School Power | eBay

The Memphis amp recently suffered a tragic end. It was a faulty amp from the start. I took the time to run various upgrades, including sound deadning, more mids, better highs, added epicenter, and a new 6th order bandpass box (if that's what they're called I got the plans from a friend)

Anyways here is the point:

What is the best amp I could get for my subs on a $400 budget? It obviously needs to be 1ohm stable and be able to output about 1200RMS at 1ohm. But I don't know what else to look for apart from that.

I was thinking maybe this?

Audio Savings | NEW US AMPS MERLIN MD1D 1050w TRUE RMS MONO AMPLIFIER CAR AMP MD-1D

My main goal is to top my previous Memphis amp. I don't care by how much, just on a $400 budget. Any advice is appreciated!

And if by some odd chance someone wants to explain what to look for in an amp apart from the RMS power that'd be beyond awesome!

I am probably going for the BK1800.1D can anyone confirm this is a good amp?
the ppi bk 1800.1 make its max power at 1ohm if your sub is d4 you need to find an amp that makes its power at 2ohms. give me a second ill come up with a few recommendations.

Op, just set gains via digital multi-meter method, make sure your subs arent bottoming out on the crazy bass songs and normally check the temperature of the subs after quick 5-10 min sessions to see if its overheating or not.

You can pay more for other amps but the black ice line is a solid performer and wont disappoint. Monitor your voltages and keep them high. If you have voltages drops lower then 13.5, you might need to do the big 3 upgrade and maybe a decent agm battery under the hood. However you might not need to do any of that since you'll be using only 1200 of that 1800 via gain settings.

if your budget is 400 that arc audio will outperform the ppi enough to where I am confident enough to recommend it. some people think a watt is a watt I am not one of those.
Well... since you can't hear small amounts of distortion in bass frequencies, a watt is a watt in this case.

JBL GTO EZ amps are always a good choice for those without access to an oscilloscope to set gains

I just ordered the PPI and used the rest of my budget to order a second battery and wiring. I've already done the big 3, and two xs power xp950 should get the job done. Thanks for the input everyone!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.