What is the best sub?

I'm guessing the last few didn't even read the original post... I don't usually see those subs suggested for 250W @ 4-ohms... or at least not on CA.com, anyways. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Apperantly, everyone seemed to forget that you'll be installing this in a boat which means you should be looking at a sub that performs well in a vented enclosure.

The bass will be louder in an open area such as a boat and vented enclosures are much more efficient than sealed ones allowing you more dB off of 250w.

Also, the fact that you want to run @ 4ohms means your amp shouldn't sacrifice much of its damping meaning greater control of the sub at sub 30hz frequencies.

I would look into any sub that

a. Is designed for a ported/vented enclosure

b. Is made of weather resistant materials (no paper or foam)

To be honest, because of space requirements, I would seriously look into a BT1214 from Bazooka.

Apperantly, everyone seemed to forget that you'll be installing this in a boat which means you should be looking at a sub that performs well in a vented enclosure.
The bass will be louder in an open area such as a boat and vented enclosures are much more efficient than sealed ones allowing you more dB off of 250w.

Also, the fact that you want to run @ 4ohms means your amp shouldn't sacrifice much of its damping meaning greater control of the sub at sub 30hz frequencies.

I would look into any sub that

a. Is designed for a ported/vented enclosure

b. Is made of weather resistant materials (no paper or foam)

To be honest, because of space requirements, I would seriously look into a BT1214 from Bazooka.
im looking to seal the sub, want more of an sq set up.

Ill have it in a little storage area with minimal moisture so im goin to build the sealed box and fiberglass it. I'm also looking to make sure the sub has a rubber surround so theres no corrosion.

but thanks guys to all the suggestions, im not the most familiar with the audio market.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.