What should i buy

Participant count
  • Participant list
A nice sounding bass setup for your needs.

MTX 4250D amp ~ $209

2 JL 12W0s ~ $180

Sealed box for 2 12s ~ $50

8 Ga wiring kit ~ $30

Everything you need for excellent bass and reliability at under $500.

JL WO's ****

get W3's which aer a wh ole lot better

thezeb.com has w3's for 139 and they retail around 200. 179 for WO's is as crap tacular as you can get. You will have to email Jay at the zeb for all the prices (Because they cant give prices on their site for JL equipment)

And build a 2 12 box...its not to hard

Just try

Its freaking easy

Use MDF 3/4" board and seal each chamber

GO to JL.com to get volumes and other dimentions

Sorry man, JL doesn't make a product that *****.

W0s may not meet a competitors standards but thats why they don't claim to be a competition sub or cost as much as one either. They are excellent value (sound for money). They play bass notes with accuracy and are plenty loud.

Sure, the W3s are better than the W0s, that's why they cost $50-$60 more per sub.

The W6s are a more capable sub but with the wattage available are not needed. W0s, regaurdless of their low power rating, can handle 200W apiece and are more efficient than W6s.

Hello,

If you're strict on a $500 budget, it may be wiser to go with good quality components one at a time rather than settling for an entire system. I would go with a 4 channel amp and good interior speakers first before the sub and sub amp. If you're just into how hard your car can pound, then go with MTX Thunder 7000 (last year model) which can be bought for dirt cheap, and either a rockford amp or MTX amp. They discontinued last years models which can be found at clearance prices.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.