What To Do?

Participant count
  • Participant list

whitechevy
10+ year member

Otown
I have a single 12" RD Audio Alpha V3 that I want to put 1kw at 1/2 an ohm to and do a center console box, but I have been debating on whether I am going to wish I had 2 12's since so many people have said that the more surface area the more spl.

I am very very new into car audio and don't really know anything and trying to make my install be a one time investment.

Should I be looking to get 2 12" of something else or maybe get a second of the same sub? I'm having a real hard debate right now whether to put a sub box behind my seats with 2 12" or a single 12" in a center console between the seats. I have seen boxes that house 2 12"s comfortably and I wouldn't have to alter the third passenger seat option which is nice to. I'm just worried that the RD sub is too deep of a sub to fit comfortably behind the seat unless it is housed in a console.

Has anyone done a regular cab truck audio setup?

It currently has a center console that duals as a third seat and I have been contemplating having a new console built making my truck a two seater and house the sub. I know a lot of people are going to tell me do what you like etc but I just want some honest opinions....btw having a blowthrough is not an option I am considering at all.

I'm not a big fan of center console enclosures. It seems like its hard to make a solid enclosure that doesn't make everything in your console/dash rattle itself apart. Not that having a lot of power in the back can't do the same thing, eventually. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif The other issue is cancellation and phasing. Having the subs in a center console can cause problems with the sound waves bouncing off or pressurizing your main speakers (for lack of better description). These are terms you would have to research to get a better understanding of.

Having the subs in the back can give you quite a bit more room. More room = larger enclosure = more choice of subs.

Cone area (total amount of cone square inches) is more important than the number of subs. You can have 1 18" sub and it will be larger than Two 12" subs put together (more cone area than the two 12's). If you want to save space, I recommend going with 1 good quality 15 or 18" sub, instead of running 2 twelves.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

whitechevy

10+ year member
whitechevy
Otown
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from