What to get? ($100-$350)

id wait and get one of the new upcoming pioneer radios. I know im getting the new deh-80prs when it comes out.
Are pioneers really good hu? I just dont know much about them?

The old ones were very good, but for like the last 3 years or so, theyve been pretty crappy. These new 2012 models seem like theyre going to be pretty good from what I see.
I'm new to car audio, but how do you determine if a hu is good or bad I just have no idea

I'm new to car audio, but how do you determine if a hu is good or bad I just have no idea
Just depends, you can find a radio that has a lot of features like a lot of off brands but the radio could come out like crap. You wont know until you use it.

What kind of features were you looking for btw? 16 band eq? ipod? usb? aux? bluetooth? If you tell us what you want, we can narrow it down and find you a good radio.

Kenwood, Alpine, and Pioneer are still making some good decks. Like said before, some are hit and miss though. The Kenwood x-995 mentioned on the final post of the 1st page is a good headunit, though I'd actually recommend the x-994. That's the one I have, and their essentially the same, except the x-994 supports bluetooth audio streaming. Kenwoods do have a difficult UI to navigate for a newcomer though, might wanna keep that in mind unless you're up to the challenge.

I want a hu that looks good obviously, practically everyone does. I would use it for ipod, possibly bluetooth. One that is good and reliable

Kenwood, Alpine, and Pioneer are still making some good decks. Like said before, some are hit and miss though. The Kenwood x-995 mentioned on the final post of the 1st page is a good headunit, though I'd actually recommend the x-994. That's the one I have, and their essentially the same, except the x-994 supports bluetooth audio streaming. Kenwoods do have a difficult UI to navigate for a newcomer though, might wanna keep that in mind unless you're up to the challenge.
I normally accept challenges, but this would be my first hu so idk if its a good ideer. if i do get a hu i would like it to be off of sonic and they are out of stock on both the models u mentioned. sry for typos i am typing wit one hand atm and eating popcorn with the other

It's just difficult to learn on, but after 3 years of it, I'm used to it now. I bought mine used so it came in good as new condition, but it was $100 cheaper.

But if you insist upon buying new, I'd probably wait for the Pioneer they suggested before. If it's a system you plan on building on, and getting good speakers and want to strive for good quality, that'd be a phenomenal headunit.

Yeah mu firend has one and it is rely nice. I dont know what model but he said it was $500 five yrs ago when he got it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Sketchup

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Sketchup
Iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date