when the heck did rms become lies ?

brian84corvette
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I thought rms ratings were suposed to be semi acurate.

and that companies could make up what ever fancy # they wanted

for the "max" rating.

now true ratings are not even anywhere unless you find people

who are benching amps to see what they do.

is this silly to you guys too?

maby its just me.

example I just found out about :

kole 5500

states rms is 3200 ish.

actual ratings are at around 2K real world power output on ok setup.

2K is still no joke with the right box and sub - so dont get me wrong,

im not hating that amp - im just a little confused here about how the rms ratings seem to keep climbing - but actual output seems to be steadily falling out.

ps - true real deal car audio companies ignore this post,

I know the hard core car audio companies dont lie about their stuff.

( IA - DD - sundown - ext..... we all still

some arent lieing. just misleading. you may think it will do 3200 rms at 14 volts, but actually they dont state that and it does 3200rms at 17 volts. crappy i know but the world is here to rip you the **** off,

they are tested in labs where everything is a constant. IE: resistance and voltage ect.

in your car, nothing is constant. overall impedance and voltage fluctuate constantly and vary the output of the amp.

manufacturers aren't lying with their ratings.

They arent lying, most are for 16+V. Thats how the shitty companies get you

Good quality pieces, that you pay a decent penny for, are quite honest about there ratings, or atleast tell you the specifics

The Kole probably does 3,200rms at 1 ohm, 14.4v just before clipping. In your car you wont see 1 ohm or 14.4v.

Ive dealt with the Kole 2400s, pretty solid amps. Do about 1500 real rms. Usually if you're looking for just a ton of power, you can get power cheapest by buying a bunch of low end bang for the buck amps.

The Kole probably does 3,200rms at 1 ohm, 14.4v just before clipping. In your car you wont see 1 ohm or 14.4v.
Ive dealt with the Kole 2400s, pretty solid amps. Do about 1500 real rms. Usually if you're looking for just a ton of power, you can get power cheapest by buying a bunch of low end bang for the buck amps.
zx750.1s = yum and pretty cheap.

some arent lieing. just misleading. you may think it will do 3200 rms at 14 volts, but actually they dont state that and it does 3200rms at 17 volts. crappy i know but the world is here to rip you the **** off,
i disagree because i just went out side and found 20 bucks on the road but i wish it was like a set of 1508 though but you cant alwasy get everything

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.