wheres the SQ heads?

I think the earlobe curls helped the most. Less weight but more reps. It helped with the endurance to fight off ear fatigue.
Not curls, extensions. You wanna open the hole up to let more sound in. Them basses are big ole waves.

If you have ear fatigue, then you need a 3rd harmonic distortion absorber......like an open window.

As far as the title goes; why yes "SQ" is all in your head. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I'll chime in for the SQ crowd. I listen to actual music and like to appreciate the musical detail. The rap in my collection sees less and less playing time than it used to. Think it's funny when you see posts on here about people getting 'used to' their setups and having to go bigger cause it's just not loud enough anymore. (Translation: incremental hearing loss.)

There can be useful SQ posts on here but they are few and far between. Plenty more people who know they want SPL and go for it, and if that's what they want, more power to them. Somewhere in the mix there are a few idiots and newbies who don't know what they want or have some vague idea that they want good bass and high SQ. But they don't actually realize how small of a portion of the frequency range subs play. And they believe any system no matter what starts with subs and a sub amp and the less important stuff comes later. They'll chime in from time to time to say they have 2 12s getting 1000 watts and cheap best buy coaxials run off head unit power, but want to know what they can do to get better sound quality. Or you'll hear from newbies who say they want a loud SQ setup so what sub and subamp should they start with on a thousand dollar budget, the front stage will remain stock for now. But it may get upgraded when they can scrape another 150 bucks together.

To say subs are the least important part of your install would be like blasphomy around here.

I am always amazed at the kiddies who spend a FORTUNE on their subwoofers while running stock speakers/HU power for everything else. You know who I am talking about.... The kid with the annoying bass next to you at the stop light... The one thing they have in common is that they are usually riding alone. When they are not alone, they usually have another dude who is into the same thing riding shotgun.

im all sq!

but i still like to have a huge punch in the trunk =D

like to keep sound clean and still be able to crank up the bass knob and get loud

or its my goal anyways

im all sq!
but i still like to have a huge punch in the trunk =D

like to keep sound clean and still be able to crank up the bass knob and get loud

or its my goal anyways
file.php

Easiest way to answer your question is to look at the number of posts in each subforum...

Subwoofers: 726,375

Speakers: 151,267

Almost 5 times the number of posts about subwoofers as there is about tweeters, midranges, midbass, components, coaxials, etc, etc.

Easiest way to answer your question is to look at the number of posts in each subforum...
Subwoofers: 726,375

Speakers: 151,267

Almost 5 times the number of posts about subwoofers as there is about tweeters, midranges, midbass, components, coaxials, etc, etc.
you killed that noise pretty quick...

I love BASS... HOWEVER!!!! I also love crisp tone. Clarity from the voices, brilliant instumentational imagery, ambient tranquil atmospheres’. LIVE audience deliverance. In person feeling. Overwhelming sensations delivered from the intention of the artist. To me a good system needs to be able to harness and portray all the combinations of musical genre that are available. I plan on make my setup do all that I have mentioned. But what you have to keep in mind is that this type of perfection requires very delicate attention to detail and patience and $ to fund this hobby. I believe that SQ is way more expensive than SPL, but it really depends on how extreme you’re going with it. I do not consider anything I have to be of sq value, but it is still a work in progress. I am not a diehard Soundstream fan, so I am still looking around at equipment to purchase for my next project which I have two coming up. I will get another vehicle like a van or suv and use it for either SPL or sq and opposite the car. Just waiting on the funds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.