Which one to run... Sundown or SSA or CompR

Tinolopez246

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys quick question. I have a 2016 Ram 1500 with a Pioneer GM d 8601 amplifier.
My current setup is this amp pushing my Kicker CVR 12 in a 1 cubic foot sealed box. I have no complaints about the kicker but reading on this site for a few days I see there is a few smaller companies that make good products I'm interested in and also bigger companies like Sundown have really good reviews. So basically with this amp it'll push a decent 12 and my question is should I try something like a SSA demon, something from Sundown whether it be a EV3 or sa 12 or should I stick with kicker and get the compR. After reading on this site seems like no one is really a fan of kicker I've had no complaints but I'm also open to new brands. This is a single 12 1 cubic foot sealed box. I've had a few similar systems to this but I am by far not a pro so thank you for any help in advance.

Attachments

• 20200102_135748.jpg
    20200102_135748.jpg
    572.5 KB · Views: 216
Get a proper ported box. The box will be the most important part of your install. I’d go with the new SA-12 as well if funds allow. I like Sundown a lot.

Thank you guys for the replies i really appreciate it. I've had quite a few different subwoofers over the years and I have figured out that I prefer a sealed box will any of the subs mentioned work better in a sealed box

Thank you guys for the replies i really appreciate it. I've had quite a few different subwoofers over the years and I have figured out that I prefer a sealed box will any of the subs mentioned work better in a sealed box
its because you never heard a proper ported box. You only had premade boxes which are complete trash. In a truck its extremely important to have a ported box to get any real performance out of any sub.

The two subs you listed are built to thrive in a ported box. Not every sub is meant to work in a sealed box and a very few amount of the SPL branded subs nowadays are built to perform in sealed.

I had a kicker cvr 12 in a 1 cube sealed box. It ******. Then I built a 2.2 cubic foot ported box tuned to 35hz. What a difference that was.. Never ran a sealed box ever again.

Great information! So I yes I have to change my question then what sub do you guys recommend for my amp and sealed box configuration I really want to stick with that combo. I listen to mainly alternative rock and Country and rap here and there. I like loud and I also like it sound good so what sub would you guys recommend obviously I don't need a $300 sub with this setup it wouldn't be worth it

Great information! So I yes I have to change my question then what sub do you guys recommend for my amp and sealed box configuration I really want to stick with that combo. I listen to mainly alternative rock and Country and rap here and there. I like loud and I also like it sound good so what sub would you guys recommend obviously I don't need a $300 sub with this setup it wouldn't be worth it
@denim

excellent sub for sealed applications. Good xmax.

whats missing from your current setup? Most of our ported setups here play every genre easily even fast double bass pedals on metal which can get sloppy easy. All you are doing is just leaving output on the table plus in a truck, there's no proper loading wall so the overall acoustics is just absolutely piss poor working with a sealed.

I like this Dayton idea. The Rss315HO4-12 sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Anyone else have good feedback from Dayton, are they legit thanks !

Dayton is legit. Not made to get loud but sound good.
But seriously, spend money on a proper box please. It will do so much more than you know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.