Which Sub?

A dual 2 ohm driver can be wired down to 1 ohm, thus extracting more watts out of an amp, or 4 ohms to extract less.

A dual 4 ohm driver can be wired down to 2 ohms, or 8 ohms.

The higher the ohms, the less you will extract.

Okay thanks for the help

What one would you guys go for?

Will the kicker still sound good or is it just super loud booms that sound like ****

A dual 2 ohm driver can be wired down to 1 ohm, thus extracting more watts out of an amp, or 4 ohms to extract less.
A dual 4 ohm driver can be wired down to 2 ohms, or 8 ohms.

The higher the ohms, the less you will extract.

Other than your wiring configurations being correct, your other statements are not always true.

You're being too vague. Not every amp is designed to produce more power at a lower impedance, and a higher impedance is NEVER a bad thing, as long as you have your desired power level, it will work just the same.

500 watts @1 ohm is still 500 watts @ 4ohms, the difference is, at a higher impedance, the amp is requiring less current to produce the power, so it will run cooler, and more times than not, more efficiently as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.