Which subs would you bang?

jabagos
10+ year member

I currently have two old (swr-1041d) alpine type r 10" 300 watt rms on an audiopipe 1k watt amp. I recently got two one year old Rockford p3 12" subs which would you bang? The alpine or the Rockford.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone explain this to me, tighter gap = more SQ, as the air doesn't move as freely, controlling the woofer more, and a wider gap is more SPL because it allows more air to move at the expense of sloppier response???

Someone explain this to me, tighter gap = more SQ, as the air doesn't move as freely, controlling the woofer more, and a wider gap is more SPL because it allows more air to move at the expense of sloppier response???
I guess, I was just talking about physically banging a sub

Negatory.

Daily or SPL: Simply put, if you plan on listening to any type of music you MUST choose the daily option. If it is strictly for a competion/tone only scenario then choose the SPL option. The reason we have these options is the gap tolerances between the two are different. The gap in the SPL woofer is much tighter and FAR less forgiving in comparison to the Daily option. The Daily option simply gives the coil more wiggle room inside of the gap to deal with the non-linearity tendencies that you can get into when you are using a sub in a daily driving scenario. Typically SPL applications deal with 1 note and it does not change, therefore we can make the gap much tighter and get all of the motor strength that we can out of it.

Easiest explanation straight from Fi.

Oh and I would go with the P3's I guess. More cone area ftw.

I dont usually bang my subs. Ill tell you like I tell everyone else. My subs will beat, bump, thump, knock, slap, and slam, but they do not bang. Clearly the Rockfords will punch and you said you were looking for bang so I would try the Alpines, but Im pretty sure they just Hit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.