Whistler Radar Detector?

ARK_SWAMP_RIDER
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Arkansas
Are the entry level Whistlers any good? I am not intereted in a high dollar unit, I will just drive slower. Every now and then I get a heavy foot and go over without realizing it. I can get one of these for about $15 (regular $60), do you think it would be worth anything at all? Here it is:

http://tech.yahoo.com/pr/whistler-de1730-radar-laser-detector/1990758411;_ylt=Atctjf4PZxO0XUCuRZUNMVQRLpA5

All I know is that it will be cheap (I know you get what you pay for). What do you think?

i had a walmart whistler for awhile, it was like $50. it deffinitly saved my ass plenty of times, cant say it was something id completely count on though. for $15 its worth it if it saves your ass once

I have one identical to the one that you linked to. It works ok in a small town, or if your on a long straight part of a road. Once you get into the twisty's i would back off the throttle a little. It works great on the interstate though.

I've had mine for over 4 years now and it has saved my butt several times. We have numerous speed traps around here, and cops love to hide...but the detector almost always picks them up.

hope this helps...

As said, I dont speed intentionally. On my way to work (20 mile stretch) and on the interstate I tend to get heavy footed on accident. This means getting up to 65-70 in a 55, realizing it, then slowing down, and it is mainly on the straits. I can get three of these, I am thinking about buying 2 of them, one for my car, one for the g/f's. I know cops ALWAYS give tickets if they see a radar, so I am kinda scared it might help me GET a ticket. It is hard to go wrong for 15 dollars, but I just want to make sure it will be worth the trouble. Any other opinions? Thanks.

it should work pretty good. just mount it high. my v1 is mounted on the sin visor out of sight. i speed everyday everywhere i go. never get cought

I have mine mounted right below the mirror, only thing that you can see is the suction cups from the outside. I made a little trip today through town, great warnings, I am just concerned about how far it reaches. I will post back when I get more seat time using it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.