Why i recommend not doing business with ACE74...

ace = tool. if he planned to ever do business on car audio sites... he'd at least try to do the right thing.

If it were me...

I would not want it fixed, because that would involve further dealings with someone who has displayed such negligence as to make them untrustworthy. Buyer should return the sub to seller, AFTER seller has paid for shipping back and refunded in full for the sub itself.

Seller, please make this right. It hurts the community when more and more people see things like this which only dissuades them from purchasing from the rest of us.

Ah,
That was not my intention.

Do not know if you took me the wrong way or not but I keep my actions in the Dome and here 100% separate.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

To be honest, I should have read the entire thread as I did miss your post.
I do what I can to help keep people honest, that is my mission.

I offered to refunded him his funds except for the shipping and paypal fees acquired and he decided not to return it for his money due to the fact that he was going to have to pay for shipping. He wanted me to pay half of what it cost him to get it fixed and I said no way just send me my sub back and I will refund him his money back. So it's not like I didn't offer him his money back.
I thought about this more...

Why don't ya just give the guy $45 for your screw up of a packaging job and be done with this?

Are you going to try and fix that broke azz woofer and try to sell it to somebody else?

Deal with life you messed up because you decided to be lazy/cheap with the shipping costs.

How can any of the rest of us trust you after this?

Well...looks like ACE74 just deleted all his profile info and closed all the other for sale ads he had. His profile had his name, pictures of his kids, etc and now nothing. Removed his profile picture and deleted all his friends.

This speaks volumes about the kind of guy he is. I doubt he ever tries to use the ACE74 name but, beware of Aaron Cotton Sr!

This deal has cost me some money but i hope that posting this saved someone else from this scumbag!

According to his now blank profile ACE74 was on here 3 hours ago. Is pretty funny that he is willing to ruin his reputation over $45. He has had since the 10th to decide to make this right but has chosen not to.

ACE74, you have some bad mojo headed your way. Karma is a b1tch!

op, file a paypal claim for the entire amount. Don't even waste your time arguing with ace. Chances are he wont respond to the claim anyways, as that's how it usually works with shady people, and you'll get all your money back without even a trip to the post office.

how, 'bot this... file the paypal claim, or get his refund, and i'll pay shipping and fees, but you gotta ship it to me;).... seriously, you at least need to file that claim. worst case scenario when they side with you, you are out the return shipping and some packing tape/material, or his address cannot ever use paypal.

The story begins here...
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/554575-dd-1508-a.html#post8170621

I paid $125 shipped for the sub. Received it 10/10. When i got it the box was torn on the end and you could see the magnet and wires thru the end of the box.

2012-10-10_17-52-40_350.jpg

2012-10-10_17-54-00_779.jpg

At this point i am slightly worried. Then when i open the box i see this...

2012-10-13_14-04-04_993.jpg

Its kinda hard to tell but not only is the mounting flange bent but the basket is pretty tweaked!

I called ACE and told him it was damaged and then sent the pics.

At this point he tells me that he did not insure the package. I tell him i will get ahold of Digital Design the next day and see how much $ it will cost to get it fixed.

The next day 10/11 i text him that $95 is what the repair will be. I offer to split the repair cost with him (which i think is very fair) and he says no. His only solution is the send it back to him and he will refund my money, minus paypal fees and shipping costs. Also tells me that splitting the repair costs would not benifit him, as if getting a junk sub is benefiting me!

I assume it would cost about $20 to ship it back and then he would refund me about $100, so i would be getting about $80 back from the $125 i sent him. Personally i dont think this should be costing me any money. I paid for a working sub and what i got is a destroyed unusable mess.

Opinions?
I haven't forgotten aboutcha Mike I will make things right

I haven't forgotten aboutcha Mike I will make things right
So, after nearly 3 months you are finally admitting some fault. What are you planning to do to make it right? When is this going to happen?

Wow. This is a crap deal. Mike you should have taken the refund and lost the 20 on shipping instead of sitting on a 125 dollar paper weight. I would have gone through paypal myself though.

Its been a week and nothing...
Did you file the claim? Make sure you post this thread as proof of your dealings and attempts to resolve the issue with the seller. Include emails, text messages, anything you have. If you can build a solid case, PP might just reverse your payment and you'll get the 125 back. Just read the whole thread and that's a raw deal. I've been lucky not to be burned yet, but I wouldn't want to be on your end in any circumstance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

mikeb618

10+ year member
RANDOM DUDE
mikeb618
Rado Il
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies