Will 6 year old unused kinetik battery work?

Participant count
  • Participant list
It would be iffy and you'd only get a couple years of use out of it (if that).

Even sitting on a shelf, batteries self-discharge. I bet it's sitting under 10v (which is past "fully discharged").

You could try chrarging it up slowly before getting it tested.

Testing it before recharging, obviously it's going to test bad.

If it cranks less than 400 amps, it's garbage.

Im pretty sure its under 400 freshly charged out of the box

It would be iffy and you'd only get a couple years of use out of it (if that).
Even sitting on a shelf, batteries self-discharge. I bet it's sitting under 10v (which is past "fully discharged").

You could try chrarging it up slowly before getting it tested.

Testing it before recharging, obviously it's going to test bad.

If it cranks less than 400 amps, it's garbage.

Sorry I'm a noob and know nothing about this stuff, how would I hook it up in my trunk and have it charge slowly?
You don't.

Charge it in your garage or have a shop do it with less than 10 amps of current. 2 amps would be ideal, imo.

Hooking it up in parallel with your battery up front will not charge it slow enough

Im pretty sure its under 400 freshly charged out of the box
Yikes, I was thinking of another battery!

These are the same size as our 12v $60 SLA 18's at the shop! (sealed lead acit 18ah)

Not very useful for car audio if you're running any kind of power (unless you had a ton of them).

Now I see why these are rated for "600 watts" lol.

Probably only crank 200-300 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

You don't.
Charge it in your garage or have a shop do it with less than 10 amps of current. 2 amps would be ideal, imo.

Hooking it up in parallel with your battery up front will not charge it slow enough

Yikes, I was thinking of another battery!

These are the same size as our 12v $60 SLA 18's at the shop! (sealed lead acit 18ah)

Not very useful for car audio if you're running any kind of power (unless you had a ton of them).

Now I see why these are rated for "600 watts" lol.

Probably only crank 200-300 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Probably 150cca honestly.

Dang, we've got $40 U-1 standard lawn mower batteries that crank 200
Ya I dont know why but my kinetics never had much as far as cca. Maybe it was just me idk. Even those universal 26ah batts I had, did 330cca I believe

Ya I dont know why but my kinetics never had much as far as cca. Maybe it was just me idk. Even those universal 26ah batts I had, did 330cca I believe
300 is our rule of thumb for the bare minimum that can start a small car. Generally, 400 amps+ is a good battery here for starting consumer vehicles. Off the shelf, we see 600-800 cranking depending on the battery. That's standard vented lead acid Exide batteries

Anything under 300 amps cranking we replace in passenger vehicles

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.