Wiring help and opinions with dvc subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

StyrofomE CuP

Recently bought the amp and 2 subs from a friend's relative for cheap. I've looked everywhere online for a situation like mine but didn't find anything; amp stats and sub stats below, putting the subs in a sealed box/boxes. The options I thought of also below.

I have a Crossfire vr1000d mono amp rated at 12.5v instead of 14.4v:

250w rms at 4 ohms

500w rms at 2 ohms

1000w rms at 1 ohm

*It has supposedly been modified to put out 1800w at 1 ohm.

The subs are two 12" Selenium Extremes:

2 ohm DVC if only i had 4 ohm dvc //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

650w rms each

Wiring options I need opinions on:

1) Wire the DVC subs for a 2 ohm load which would take 1300w rms from a "500w rms at 2 ohms" amp. (under powering the subs which i know is worse than overpowering)

2) Only wire one sub at 1 ohm (the amp will be almost 3x it's rms though)

3) Wire the subs for 0.5 ohms. (would be able to use both subs with perfect amount of power. Worried about the amp though)

I'll be grateful for any advice and opinions! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

THIS^^^^

its not "underpowering" that hurts subs. it using the gain as a volume knob that burns up voice coils.

i would run your subs @ 2 ohms until you can buy an amp, that does the power you want @ 2 ohms, or buy subs that you can run @ 1 ohm.

Under powering a sub is never going to hurt a sub.
Very true.

Its the person behind the volume knob of that under powered sub that will cause it to get hurt.

The amp was "moded" for more power @ 1 ohm?

Hmm...

IIRC, @ 14.4v, that amp should be near that area.(something like 1500ish 2 14.4v)

Would you happen to have or can take some gut shots for us??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.