Wiring problems. (Remote wire, possibly power)

Participant count
  • Participant list

valestrom

I have a Sony Xplod deck in my car, and my brother recently gave me his 1000w Sony Xplod Amp, and his 10" Clairon subwoofer. I spent all day yesterday wiring it into my 1990 probe. After all of it I found out something with my remote cable to my amp is messed up. Here's what happens.

With Remote Cable connected to deck and amp:

- Deck will stay on intro screen

- Can't choose a source

- Can't adjust volume

- Can't truly start the deck

With Remote Cable disconnected from deck:

- Everything works fine.

This has me really stumped, I have the wire running straight back to my amp and connected, the only thing I could think is somehow I connected it wrong, but nonetheless, it's something wrong with the remote cable and I don't quite understand what to do with it.

Here's some pics/descriptions

The Deck: Sony Xplod Cdx GT-300

The Amp: Sony Xplod XM-3001SXD 1000w

Connection to deck:

Uses a banana clip exactly like the one in the picture to the "remote" hole on the deck. I think this is the right connector to use, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Connection to amp: Simple twisted wire into the remote hole, used the button to lock in the cord.

If anyone can explain how to fix the situation where while the remote is plugged in I can't control the deck, and the amp isn't even on would be great.

um the remote turn on is a blue wire on the harness, not a plug/hole! I think your cramming a wire into a wired remote to control the stereo!

NO stop jambing things into that hole, the wire you want is on the harness that plugs into the deck it's solid blue the blue w/white is the power antenna hook the wire from your amp to the blue wire thats with your speaker/power wires on the HU.

the Hu is freezing because your shorting it out jambing a solid connecter in the hole, that is for a wired remote control for the radio it has nothing to do with the amp.

the Hu is freezing because your shorting it out jambing a solid connecter in the hole, that is for a wired remote control for the radio it has nothing to do with the amp.
Guess it didn't take my reply, thanks a ton man. I was basing my work off of what I think it should be, but I did pull out more wires to reveal the blue/white one that said amp on it -.- Thanks a ton.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.