Worklog: 4 SX 15's wall setup in a Durango *Pics*

They're barely moving, probably because the bassline in LNT is around the claimed tuning freq.And it could also be due to impedence rise.
Put two memphis 4,000 watt amps on em' and watch them go up in a smoke show.

Around tuning, could also be rise, lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Will have your biggest rise around tuning.

Ok well its been raining here and I've been lazy so I never went and got the multimeter. I did mess around with the controls on the head unit (Pioneer has soooooo many) and got it to sound much cleaner and a bit louder. I did notice that the bottom box throws about 10x as much air as the top box. If the top port was throwing that much there would be a hell of a lot of air moving in there. Now I have to figure out why. Those subs still stink like ass when they heat up.

I don't think that is gonna happen. Wouldn't be able to use my LCD back there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I have to stop using that when I drive. People are getting to distracted by it. Someone's gonna end up hitting me again.

as far as stinky coils ....i know what u mean..theres time when i smell coil after playing it for a while...and it stinks like babboon **** that sat in the sub for 2 weeks

Ok, 80INCHES brought over his multimeter this weekend and we properly set the gains on the amps. It is a tiny bit louder but I'm not happy with the results. I've heard a pair of 12's hit harder and deeper. Thinking about smaller boxes, ***** that I wasted 4 sheets of MDF and 10yds of carpet and gallons of resin on these...

dont know how to put this..but, build an actual wall...
do like 20 cubes w/ ~200^2"s of port....
I see what you mean by mine not being a built in wall. I just don't want to ruin the car. but its not like there are just 2 boxes laying there. I was thinking 20 cubes myself. I may try to cut down the existing boxes.

Ok, 80INCHES brought over his multimeter this weekend and we properly set the gains on the amps. It is a tiny bit louder but I'm not happy with the results. I've heard a pair of 12's hit harder and deeper. Thinking about smaller boxes, ***** that I wasted 4 sheets of MDF and 10yds of carpet and gallons of resin on these...
Dont get too upset, you cant expect the first box these are in to be the best.

I see what you mean by mine not being a built in wall. I just don't want to ruin the car. but its not like there are just 2 boxes laying there. I was thinking 20 cubes myself. I may try to cut down the existing boxes.
I built out my acura legend...and you cant tell i ever had anything in there. Just be careful.

Take all the measurments, build it outside the truck...disassemble it, and reassemble it inside the truck. As far as the beauty panels go, you dont have to have it completely sealed off..i didnt. I sure as hell wasnt doing the spray foam route.

Couldnt you just get the wall as close as you could to the panels then use some type of rubber seal and some silicone. Wouldnt be too permanent and when you take it out you can just peel off all the silicone. Just an idea.....

I built out my acura legend...and you cant tell i ever had anything in there. Just be careful.
Take all the measurments, build it outside the truck...disassemble it, and reassemble it inside the truck. As far as the beauty panels go, you dont have to have it completely sealed off..i didnt. I sure as hell wasnt doing the spray foam route.
Thats how it is a lot of tight fitting beauty panels.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.