would it be smart to..

well i cant exactly test it, b/c the box would be too big to fit in my trunk, which is why id put it in my cabin...and if it doesnt work well in the backseat then what the hell am i going to do with a 3-4 cubic foot box?? lol

The only way to know how it will sound is to test it out. There are way too many variables to accurately say whether it will sound great or like crap.

I also agree with lombardo that in any type of moderate speed accident, that sub will injure or kill you. Use industrial velcro to secure it if you decide to go through with it.

velcro? id bolt the box down.
Compare a single bolt to a strip of industrial velcro. By using industrial velcro, the force of an accident is distributed over a greater area where with a bolt, the area is greatly reduced. I'm saying that a bolt is more likely to just rip out of the box in an accident. You can still bolt your box down, but I would use something as a backup in case the bolts fail.

Compare a single bolt to a strip of industrial velcro. By using industrial velcro, the force of an accident is distributed over a greater area where with a bolt, the area is greatly reduced. I'm saying that a bolt is more likely to just rip out of the box in an accident. You can still bolt your box down, but I would use something as a backup in case the bolts fail.

who said anything about a SINGLE bolt??? id put atleast one at each corner of the box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.