wrapping plastic interior in suede

Participant count
  • Participant list

sebassttiann

house
quick question for anybody wanting to wrap plastic pieces in suede, vinyl or any other material is how do you do it?? what do you use to glue it on the front and what do you use to secure it around the back??? cant use staples like i use on my coverboards anybody could stear me in right direction let me know

3M spray adhesive

3m is teh ****. For real.

Anyone with real world experience with 3m's spray adhesive will tell you that.

Try 'Stick it' from AVW. I've been using stick it for about two years now. 3m just won't hold up to the test of time. Stick it will latch on to anything, and webs really nicely. Also, you don't HAVE to rough the plastic up quite as harsh as you would to have 3m grip to it. Just rub it with alcohol prior to a quick once over with some fine sandpaper or a DA sander.

yes 3m is the **** i have learned the hardway with some earlyer boxes and coverboards BUT with this project since all the stickyness relys on the glue without the aide of staples this other product you speak of will keep the fabric attached regardless of absense of back securing???

Stick It will adhere to anything. Seriously, this is the best spray adhesive on the market. I use Stick It, and Gorilla Glue, and that is ALL.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.